Guess what??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Guess what???

We have an escapee from the lab. The CJ-7 finally moved under it's own power yesterday!! I got it running around 12:30 AM (yes, AM) last Monday. This weekend I topped off the trans fluid (I forgot about the extra quart for the Mopar trans pan so I had to run to the store and buy some more), changed out the t-stat and temp sender, finished bleeding the brakes with my wife's assistance on the pedal, did a tie-rod flip and finally got the pitman arm off of the old steering box. Drove it a few feet up & down the driveway to make sure I had brakes, then pulled the trailer (yeah, I finally bought one) further down and drove out across the front lawn. Checked it out in the cul-de-sac for a bit first and tightened up a few items and retrieved a few bolts that were laying around on the frame somewhere, then went for a few short cruises around the area and got some fresh gas. The AGR steering works great...can just about drive with my pinky. The Off-Again brakes are simply awesome, and the original 2.5" Superlift teamed with the new RS9000x's and Full-Traction SRS is super-nice. I've gotta tweak the carb properly and set the timing still. Hopefully once I have those dialed in my temp will stabilize a little lower (running 210-220 degrees with a 190 degree t-stat) and I'll get some power outta the engine...it's feeling pretty sluggish and can barely get outta it's own way. I realize I'm running 35's on the stock 3.31's now instead of 32's, but I don't think the performance change should be *this* drastic. Now to pick a color...

BTW: my web provider shut down his free services without notification, so my site is down. Fortunately I have an offline copy, so I'll probably be uploading it to Comcast in the next few days. It'll be updated with pics & info from this weekend.

-Rodney

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Addict

Re: Guess what???

Congrats... looking forward to the writeup on your new web page. Let us know when its up and running (the web page).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 05:03 PM

It's about time! jk, I know how these projects tend to stretch out...especially when you have to devide time between the wife, kid, job, housework...oh and ANOTHER JEEP project [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So how close are you on the scrambler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

The Scrambler has been sitting out in the driveway under a tarp since Winter. I should have the 203 range box back from the machine shop at the end of the month, I've got an empty 300 case to put all of the HD upgraded stuff into, and just picked up a Detroit No-Spin and Elec-Trac for it. The major pieces are together other than the t-case setup, just need to put in all of the filling (driveshafts, seats, steering column gauges, steering shaft) and plug in the associated wiring.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2004, 09:08 PM

Great news Rodney!! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode