Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: hard door sheet metal repair
1. Aftermarket door skins,
2. Do NOT exist...
3. Nor are they available OEM.
4. But you've got some choices: <ul type="square">[*]Repair the skin[*]Replace the whole skin[*]Replace the door with Fiberglass or Metal full/half doors.[/list]5. Simple patching is straight forward.
6. Or you can drill out the skin spot welds to the door frame,
6. Remove the skin,
7. And fab a new skin.
8. It's only two 90* bends,
9. But you'd loose the indentations...
10. I made my sins outta 16 ga metal.
11. It couldn't be bent ( Heck the doors can hardly be lifted! ).
12. But it could be tack welded...
13. Someday I'll redo it with 19 or 20 ga material.