My families not normal? Hmmm project pics - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

My families not normal? Hmmm project pics

Last Sunday my wife and daughter are out in the garage taking my Daughters YJ project down to the frame. She's a great kid and it's her money... better than boys, booze and drugs.. so the neighbor across the street comes over and tells me that my family isn't "normal"! What.. not every family spends quality time together ripping Jeeps apart? At least the neighbors didn't get a petition going yet! Here are some pics of the mess and my daughter on frame clean up! It took us about 6 hours to get it "gutted", labled, and off the frame.

Image Insert:[br][br][size=1] [/size=1]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: My families not normal? Hmmm project pics

1. Yep, and so it goes.
2. When my daughters were in the driveway,
3. Crankin' wrenches on the Cars,
4. People would drive by, and
5. Stare... they'd never seen such a thing!
6. Good on you!
7. Nothing beats family togetherness!
8. As one of my daughters ( The Psychologist ) says,
9. We put the Fun in dysfunctional.,
10. So in my book... you're better'n normal.
11. You're healthy!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Who wants to be norman anyway ?
My younger sister has a jeep, and she spins a wrench every now and again. And she is always more than willing to help me out on mine. I think it's cool.

Your family must be darn good wrenchers. Getting a Jeep totally cleand off the frame in 6 hours. That is darn good progress.
What are the family plans for the Jeep. How big is it going to grow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

8. As one of my daughters ( The Psychologist ) says,
9. We put the Fun in dysfunctional.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] Me likey!

Good on ya LilRick! I'm proud of you and your family. Beats trying to live up to "the world's" standards... (as exemplified by your neighbor(s))... you're exceeding them. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

My neighbors don't even talk to me... Last one that came over - one of them 'new age, hippy-leftover types [img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img] - took one look in my garage and told me I needed to have a garage sale. [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Hmph! Don't remember what I told her, but she has not been back since [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img] - that was over a year ago!

Keep up the good work! And, Godspeed in your Jeep project. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 01:28 PM

I think that's perfectly normal but then i'm the idiot in yuppieville with a trailer in my drive way, working on my own rigs (my neighbor called a tow truck to change a flat tire), usually parts all over the place, and a couple beaters that don't fit in with all the suv's and high end imports in my neighborhood. I did get some wierd looks from the 10 year old skater punks from down the street yesterday when i was out painting the garage listening to country. I Wheel with both my parents (dad will only do forest roads at the island house he's scared of anything remotely challanging, mom like's the badlands and doesn't even feak out when i almost flop). It's a great family "hobby" to share, my mom and dad both look forward to wheeling with me.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Thats awesome you keep your parents involved, i'm hoping my daughter will continue to do the same. We do need a color for her Jeep and mine is 99.9% done finally. I'd like to make the Badlands Bash next Spring. This year it landed on my wifes weekend to work, we would have had to been home by 6am Sunday morning. I sent you a pm, if you want to run the rally with us, it would be a blast!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2004, 03:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Normal is a mater of perspective. If your spending quality time with your kids, that is normal. If you don't know what your kids are doing, that is not normal....
If my 2 year old was a little older, he would be out helping me on my SBC project....And if my 22 year old daughter was not working on her 79 Mustang, she would be helping me. Which reminds me, I need to get her take her dash off the top of my jeep.............
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 02:22 AM

I'm pretty sure i'm going to try and come down for march of dimes and i'm going to try and get my mom to come up for it. Definetly having some parental support has helped my jeep habit. Get the kids involved young is your best bet, I wish I had learned from my dad when i was 5 instead of messing up things when i was 16.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Clearly, your family is NOT normal. Your daughter should be at the Mall taking the sixth credit card in a row to maximum balance and putting her (and yours too) financial future in the garbage can; your wife should be in the house sipping gin and glued to the TV set; you SHOULD NOT be tampering with vehicles, that's a job for professionals; and finally, you should NOT be communicating; that sort of thing only belongs in a family therapist's office where you are battling drugs, booze, and promiscuity in your trained-by-Hollywood-offspring. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Normal? I don't THINK so. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2004, 12:34 PM
Can't Get Enough

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Clearly, your family is NOT normal. Your daughter should be at the Mall taking the sixth credit card in a row to maximum balance and putting her (and yours too) financial future in the garbage can; your wife should be in the house sipping gin and glued to the TV set; you SHOULD NOT be tampering with vehicles, that's a job for professionals; and finally, you should NOT be communicating; that sort of thing only belongs in a family therapist's office where you are battling drugs, booze, and promiscuity in your trained-by-Hollywood-offspring. Normal? I don't THINK so.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]

Darn CJDave, ya beat me to it! I couldn't AGREE MORE! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] Well said!

Rick: In today's world, by contemporary standards (or maybe 'better said' "the lack thereof"), you and yours are definitely abnormal.

Again, may God continue to richly bless you, yours and your continued abnormalness! I pray that there might be more like you... that the less-seen attributes you display may again again become to be called "normal".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode