pics of the projects - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

pics of the projects

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted pics of my project. I rolled it out of the garage last weekend and brought it to a friends shop to get it running.(eliminates my neighbor from complaining!) She's just about complete, a little wiring, bumper and winch installation and it'll be ready to rock!

Image Insert:[br][br][size=1] 3.2 KB[/size=1]

This is our next project, it's a 1987 Wrangler we found a few months ago. The 4.2 is shot, but we got it very cheap! This is my daughters project, she calls "Rusty". This weekend ole Rusty is coming apart, getting ready for a mild build up! Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 03:12 PM

Re: pics of the projects

Wow! That looks terrific! How long has it been now?

Two observations:

1 You've got more guts than Dick Tracy to be even THINKING about starting another project already.

2 It might not be a good to park a square-eyes too close to a round-eyes. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Dex
Old Hand

NICE JEEP!!!
Hey i like the Trailor also lots. can ya send me some info on its builder and size and how good it works for you?
DEX CJ5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

It's been about 2 1/2 years since I first took it apart! What started out as patching a few panels, etc, turned into a YJ tub swap, complete drivetrain rebuild, lift, gears, etc. The YJ already has a Skyjacker lift, we'll keep that and concentrate on the drivetrain and body for the time being. My daughters on a little bit of a budget and we want this one on the road by Spring. Some things we will be doing are.
4.2 with a 4.0 head and injection
31" Radial Swampers
custom Cage
and the most important part! (next to the cage of course)It'll be painted "Pink"!

Dex..the trailers.. The top one is a 16' Trailex. This trailer has a sweet ramp system, brakes on both axles, and is all aluminum. It's light, one person can move it around by themselves, tows awesome. It also has a tire rack which was removed for the Jeep due to height. The only problem with it is... It doesn't belong to me, it's my friends, he uses for his '69 Firebird! It's also expensive, I think Mike gave around $5,800 for it new! The second trailer..also doesn't belong to me! This is a 16', no name trailer. It belongs to my boss! It's used primarily for hauling lawn mowers to his three locations, does have electric brakes on one axle and pulls a Jeep just fine. Rick
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Looks like a super nice Jeep, I also noticed the trailer, real nice

I think it is very cool that you are able to take on a project with you daughter. I am sure it will be an exellent experence, and a lot of fun for you both.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 11:29 AM

It is amazing how little projects turn big. Here is my 86 that went in the garage about 1 year ago to fix a rust spot found that the frame had rotted out. Answer: New frame, YJ Tub, new paint (was red, now silver),lift kit, new roll cage w/ front hoop and 33" Pro Comp X Terrains. This picture is a few weeks old but it is getting put back on the road next week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1317822-032904 update version 3.jpg (51.7 KB, 41 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode