Aaron, this one's for you... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Aaron, this one\'s for you...

Just thoguth I'd let you know... (publicly) that last night I got bored and decided to pull my mc2100 and rebuild it. now mind you, I've only been into a Holley 4 brl before and never touched an MC2100.

about 2 hours later, I bolted it back on the intake, turned it over filled the float bowl, and she fired right up and idled perfectly. I've never had this thing fire up cold and run without having to give it a little gas to keep her alive for the first minute.

So Aaron, with all you're Carb issues I have just one thing to say... SUCK IT! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually I drove down to the filling station since I was way past "E" and I think I saw/heard Aaron. or at least someone passing along his syntoments.

riding along I pop the gas to see the responce, and the throttle return spring pops off , so all I can do it increase the rpms and run at whatever the Vacuum happens to pull the plates back to. Mind you this is 10pm in a town and area or town that ain't too busy. I need to turn left so I jump in the left turn lane and stop to put the spring back on. I turn the hazards on, get out, and while I'm trying to rectify the situmacation, some A-hole comes around me yelling "can't you pull off the road!"

....don't people have better things to do with their time?

So I gave him the ole One finger salute and told him what he could do with the rest of his life for all I cared.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 11:10 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Aaron, this one\'s for you...

I call the the "California Salute"
I actually gave one out the other day.. the forst in many years...
once again someone stopped at a stop sign along the highway, looked right at me, and pulled out in front of me to make a left turn while I was doing 60. In my 4x4 diesel. Towing my jeep. going down a steep hill [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

with the wind at your back too [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Can't Get Enough

Brent. I'm with you on this too.. Too bad that Pat didn't teach his son Aaron how to screw up a perfect carb.. On second thoughr, maybe he did....
I'll be back Sunday to get Aaron motivated (by phone) to get his POS running right.. He's gotta be disgusted with having to turn around every time we have wheeled in the last few trips..
It's raining here (Bahamas) and I found a computer to check in... We are having a pretty good time so far..
I had a boat lined up to use, but it was stolen.. Sucks, 'cause I had to rent another one.... They stole our boat and 5 powerhead from a local Yamaha dealer.. They have 1 guy in custody, but no boat.. The guy whose boat it was, is his second one to get ripped off here.. This latest one was a 27' Contender with twin 200's.. $75k boat..
Anyway time for more Rum.. This time it is Bacardi Anejo... Similar to Mt. Gay, but not the same.. Better!!!!!!!

Ricky...seeya..mon...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Mud in my Veins

"wiff a leetle twist of lime...I make it mayself in the back"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

Hey Ricky you were supposed to have sent me a front end before you left [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Actually I am glad you didn't I decided to go with a new housing after all and ordered it the other day. Hope your not having to listen to Braids for the lady every two seconds like I did last time I was in the Bahamas.

Oh yeah ill be in Cancun next week so [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode