Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Need a crash course....
1. Use as little heat as possible to melt the solder,
2. Heat the metal, not the solder....
3. Let the metal melt the solder.
4. Clean the metal,
5. As has been said,
6. Use FLUX, and ACID CORE solder,
7. If you have to...
8. Don't be afraid to make a brass patch,
9. And solder it in place.
10. The job's not hard,
11. But it does have to hold about 12 - 15 psi.
12. Make sure the tank seam's separated,
13. Not fractured.
14. It's a bit more work with a fracture.