OT Confusing!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

OT Confusing!!!

Just a little interesting reading, we seem to forget so easily!

Subject: Fw: Confusing

Here's a good set of bullets comparing the overseas messes of the past
decade or so and placing them into a clearer light... some may think the
stock market went south in 2001, but the NASDAQ began falling in April,
and never stopped until it gave up about 75%
Yo, fellow American!

I'm trying to get all this political stuff straightened out in my head so
I'll know who to vote come November. Right now, I got one guy over here
sayin' one thing. Then I got another guy over there says something' else.
Man, I don't know who to believe...

* Lemme see if I got this straight?

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good... Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good... Bush spends 87 billion
in Iraq - bad...

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good... Bush imposes regime change
in Iraq - bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists -
good... Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad...

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good.... Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad....

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good... Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...

Clinton says mass graves in Serbia - good... Entire world says WMD in Iraq - bad...

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good... Recession under Bush - bad...

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good... World Trade Centers fall under Bush - Bad...

Clinton says Saddam has nucs - good... Bush says Saddam has nucs - bad...

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good... Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good... Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...

No mass graves found in Serbia - good... No WMD found Iraq - bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted - good... Saddam in custody - bad...

Ah, it's so confusing! Maybe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Official Curmudgeon

Re: OT Confusing!!!

It’s easy enough to see WHY you’re confused, you’ve got a bunch of these wrong!

To pick a few;

“Clinton bombs Chinese embassy – good”
Nope, bad. It was a big embarrassment, outdated maps, poor intelligence. There were even rumors that it was done purposely to embarrass Clinton.

“Entire world says WMD in Iraq – bad”
So when did the entire world say Iraq had WMDs? 1991 or 2003? In 1991 it was known to be true. In 2003 the chief weapons inspector Hans Blix said that he doubted there were any.

“some may think the stock market went south in 2001, but the NASDAQ began falling in April, 2000”
So, what difference does it make? Reagan had the highest inflation and interest rates in history. He inherited it from Carter. Way to many people think that the president is a fairy godfather who waves his magic wand and everything from the economy to the air quality change with the changing of the guard. IT DON’T HAPPEN!!

Now to be fair and balanced, Bush inherited an economy going bad. I suspected it was coming in 1998 when the Ford Claycomo truck plant scheduled for 8 hours for the first time since we equipped the truck paint shop in 1989. They had been on a 10 hour schedule for years.

Stock fell badly with 9/11 but were starting to rebound. My stocks and mutual funds were up. Now, there is nothing that will bring the stock market down as fast as uncertainty. The world is uncertain now and my stocks and mutual funds have fallen. On the plus side, my Krugerrands are up but I don’t have nearly enough to make up for the other losses I’ve taken.

Do a little more research, get your facts straight, come back and we’ll talk.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Way Outta Control

The Good/Bad is mainly from the news media - they control what you hear, what you read, and influence your opinions. When you think you are looking at both viewpoints, you are only looking at the ones they show you.

If you were another country that thought destroying this one would benefit you - or terrorists - wouldn't you make sure you subverted the news media into only voicing your opinions?

Wouldn't you present "both sides" but have "both sides" one sided, just one a little more radical?

If you were another country with a resource, like platinum, timber, oil, etc., and wanted to sell it to a wealthy country, that already has it - wouldn't you get people all stirred up about how it might affect the environment? Once the supply is cut off by nutcases (dupes) you have a nice market.

If you wanted to subvert / control another country, wouldn't you start with students? Why is it riots and demonstrations are almost always students? Don't non-students, working people have any intelligent thoughts?

If you wanted to control students, isn't the easiest way to start with the teachers and professors?

If you wanted to create turmoil, would you start by disrupting traditional institutions, like Boy Scouts, etc.?

If you wanted to create more turmoil, wouldn't you do things like object to a tiny cross on Los Angeles's logo?

Wouldn't you make a big deal about God being in a pledge, or on anything?

Wouldn't you get courts filled with frivolous lawsuits so they can't get to important issues?

Wouldn't you get courts to let criminals go free, but jail the innocent?

Wouldn't you get politicians to lie about most everything, then make sure thay got rewarded for it?

Wouldn't you make sure the population was disarmed, so it's easier to control them? Hitler, Khadafi, Castro, et-al didn't do that did they?

Wouldn't you contstantly raise taxes and pending in order to control the poputation better?

Wouldn't you complain about radio talk shows where people can call in and voice their opinions? How else can the real public be heard? Listen to what politicians tell you their polls say?

Wouldn't you implement searches in public places, airports, malls, road blocks etc -- under the excuse of stopping terrorism?

Naw,,, those couldn't possibly work, could they??

Couldn't happen in this country, could it?

People are just too smart for that -- aren't they?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Check closely, I believe as RRich has stated, this is the position the media and the the left has adopted. Not my evaluation of the situation by any means.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 09:34 AM
Way Outta Control

1. IMHO... it's pretty simple,
2. John 8:31-32 </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

[/ QUOTE ]
3. Put God to the test,
4. Then let him reveal the truth to you.
5. It sure cuts down on confusion,
6. Just beware of who/what you follow...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Pooh-Bah

Well put, as usual LEVE.
I just hope you remembered your flamesuit for the Godless Hordes...

...(last line typed with tongue-in-cheek for those without a sense of humor) [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode