Way Outta Control

OT -- Interesting website

For Americans and Vets:

www.wintersoldier.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 04:55 PM

Re: OT -- Interesting website

If you spent any time in the military,then you most likely know what [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] jane fonda stands for
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1316230-kerryandfonda2.jpg (67.0 KB, 19 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Official Curmudgeon

[img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

My discharge date was exactly 28 days past that January 31, 1971 date. I'd heard the allegations and supposed first hand accounts from members of the military years before. It had been in the news. Anybody who was shocked had to have been living in a cave for years.

Kerry neither "changed the course of a war" nor "stained the reputation of the American military". The course of the war had already changed. It had gone on too long and there was no end in sight. The popularity had passed with too many deaths counted by the news. The reputation of the military had already been stained from the privates who came back to boast about having shot down gooks from across a rice field with no regard to whether they were north or south, friend or foe, male or female, adult or minor, to the generals who had no game plan to end the war.

Be glad somebody ended that war. Reagan may be the best president ever but Nixon will always be my favorite. Maybe I felt sorry for him because he got some raw deals but getting us out of 'nam and his appearances on Laugh-In made me a fan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 08:29 PM

Kerry is a communist meat puppet!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

Protesting, voicing an opinion is one thing.

But when the enemy congratulates you? Isn't that a bit much?

I'd call that approaching treason.

Is that what you want as our leader?

Can you trust a leader that helps the enemy? Maybe some do.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 10:37 PM
Official Curmudgeon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Is that what you want as our leader?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't want either Kerry or Bush, I'm voting Libertarian for the first time in my life. I have always been a Republican and there was always a clear choice for me (well, except when Ford ran but he was still better than Carter).

I've posted here before that the only hope I see of getting a decent president is Bush and Cheney get re-elected. Bush gets arrested for war crimes on Jan. 21. Cheney becomes president and a new vice-president is appointed. Once the new vice-president is sworn in, Cheney is arrested for war crimes. The appointee becomes president.

But when the enemy congratulates you? Isn't that a bit much?

I'd call that approaching treason.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your enemies friends are not necessarily your enemies.

So what is Ford the last of?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Journeyman

Taz,

You are scaring me with this Libertarian talk. I worry that you along with many others who are unhappy with Bush/Cheney but would be REALLY unhappy with Kerry/Whoever are going to elect Kerry/Whoever by "voting your conscience". Protest votes for Perot got us Clinton followed by Clinton. Please consider the consequences of your vote. Staying home or voting for a 3rd party will be the surest way to elect Kerry IMHO.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Can't Get Enough

Staying home or voting for a 3rd party will be the surest way to elect Kerry IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
Unpalatable as it is, I reluctantly tend to agree.

Gentlemen... and the occasional ladies, we find ourselves STUCK w/ few real choices.

Here's a few rhetorical questions for pondering:
1) How did we get here? And...,
2) Where do we go from here?
a. Continue to cope/tolerate w/ the dismaying situation as it currently exists? Or,
b. Attempt to better our situation? If so, how best to do effect this?

Whatever we do, it's not US that needs to be our focus - it's our kids, grandkids, etc... that will bear our legacy(s). [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]

I don't know whether to get depressed [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] or mad [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img]....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Official Curmudgeon

You are scaring me with this Libertarian talk… Staying home or voting for a 3rd party will be the surest way to elect Kerry IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

First a few facts:

The president is not elected by popular vote. He is elected by the electoral college. Each state gets as many votes as they have members in congress. If it were by popular vote, Gore would be president now.

If you’ll check beside my post, you’ll see I’m from Kansas. I don’t know anybody that remembers the last time Kansas went Democratic in a presidential election so there’s not much danger of my vote making a difference in how the 6 Kansas electoral votes are cast.

As MarineOpLaw said, “Whatever we do, it's not US that needs to be our focus - it's our kids, grandkids, etc...” My vote will serve as a shot across the bow of the Republican Party that they have abandoned there base and have changed too much to collect the “swing vote”. Hopefully, they realize that they can’t win an election without their base and will return to the basics of what the party stands for.

So what if Kerry becomes president anyway? I’ll still be voting Republican in the House and Senate. How much damage can he do if we keep the majority there? On the other hand, how much damage can Bush do as a lame duck president? How much damage does it do to send confirmation to the Republican Party that GW Bush is an acceptable candidate to represent the Republican Party? Sometimes the medicine that causes the cure tastes bad. I can take four years of Kerry easy as long as we keep Congress Republican.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Journeyman

Taz:

Good point about the popular vs the electoral college. I tend to forget that there are "safe" republican leaning states where the 3rd party vote may (I stress may) not hurt Bush. Of course if enough folks strayed then it may hurt after all (unlikely, but a concern).

Here in Florida every vote will be critical, so I tell any of my Florida friends and aquaintances to be sure the vote they cast will have the intended outcome, not just "send a message" [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Anyway, thanks as always for lively, informed discussion [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode