OT bad andy thoughts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

OT bad andy thoughts

Today i went and spent the day at my buddies grandpas junk yard and found an early 80's 1 ton srw 4x4 chevy. The body is trashed on the truck but is has a small block that is suposed to be good but had some minor issues that seemed like a tune up would slove, new $700 3 speed auto trans rebuild, new fuel pump, edelbrock carb. Since i wasn't getting anything for my self i did plenty of wandering and was able to find a solid cab, bed, fenders, the truck has a good hood. I could definetly get all the parts for this truck and the truck for a fair amount less then the cost of my truck that died.

I talked to my buddy about working at the yard for some "credit" towards the truck and parts. The kicker is i can't pick up the truck till the fall but stuff doesn't move very fast there so there's a 99% chance i'll be able to find everything i'll need when i'm ready for the truck. I'd probably also be able to sell the 60 front for the cost of the truck/ junk yard body parts and i can always throw a 10 bolt or 44 under.

I'm thinking pick up the truck and all the parts. driving the truck while i get all the new body parts preped and ready to go on then swapping in everything body wise in a weekend or 2 once i'm up at school and have my shop to do the work in. Also i could probably find a good parts doner for really cheep for when stuff breaks since i know it will. Once the body is solid again i'd probably build a real mild small block.

I'm rambling i really should go hit my self in the head with a frying pan right now and not get another stupid project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode