Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Trouble shooting 4.0 won\'t start back up
1. The CPS (crank position sensor) is the heart of the system.
2. If it's not working,
3. The AutomaticShutDown (ASD) relay will not engage,
4. This disables:<ul type="square">[*]Ignition[*]Voltage to the coil[*]Voltage to the fuel pump[/list]5. If the fuel pump is NOT cycling,
6. AND you've NOT got Spark...
7. The chances are high,
8. The CPS is bad/flaky.
9. If you have EITHER spark or fuel pump enable,
10. The CPS is likely good,
11. So lets see if the ASD is enabled,
12. Or disabled.