Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: reverse shackle kit?
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I not saying that long shackles are good because your not the first person to say they'll kill me but I don't understand the problem with them as long as they don't hyperextend, the reason for the boomerang style.
[/ QUOTE ]1. It throws off the geometry of the front end parts.
2. The shackle reversal can minimize some of that...
3. But also it tends to move the axle,
4. Further back when compressed.
5. That shoves the tire back toward the tub,
6. When an object is hit,
7. As the spring grows,
8. And perhaps hits the tub.
9. But the other problem is alignment,
10. And increased wear of front end parts.
11. And we're not even talkin' about,
12. Unsprung weight vs sprung weight ratios,
13. And the center of gravity.
14. Remember when you disturb a system,
15. And you're not an engineer,
16. It's the blind leading the blind,
17. And the Jeep's gonna fall in the ditch,
18. With you, usually behind the wheel.