OT WILL YOU MORONS STOP RAGGING? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

OT WILL YOU MORONS STOP RAGGING?

GOOD GOD THIS USE TO BE A BOARD I VISTED FOR SOME INFO AND TO HELP OUT WITH INFO WHEN I COULD. BUT FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS IVE BEEN MIA.. VISITING FROM TIME TO TIME AND ALWAYS I FIND AT LEAST ONE POST WHERE SOME ONE IS RAGGING.

GET OVER IT !

WERE ALL INDIVIDUALS AND ENTITLED TO OUR OWN OPINION AND BELIEFS SO YOU DON'T AGREE WITH someone ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO BELITTLE THEM FOR THAT FACT. I MAY NOT AGREE WITH YOU AND YOU MAY NOT AGREE WITH ME BUT NAME CALLING STARTING [bleep] WITH EACH OTHER OVER DIFFERENT VIEWS IS STUPID. PEOPLE TALK BOUT DICTATORS SHIPS AND HOW THERE WILL NEVER BE FREEDOM TILL ALL THE SUPPRESSED PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED FREEDOM. well, WITH SOME OF THE THINKING THAT GOES ON HERE IN THIS JEEP BULLETIN BOARD.( GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE MOST OF THE TIME) PEOPLE GET MAD WHEN someone DISAGREES WELL GUESS WHAT ITS CALLED FREEDOM. LET EACH HAVE THERE BELIEVES

IM SORRY BUT THIS BOARD WITH ALL ITS FLAMES IS FALLING FAST.

STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE PEOPLE WHO USE TO POST ON A REGULAR BASIS AND NOW LOOKS HOW MANY OF THEM HARDLY HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY.

GO AHEAD FLAME AWAY.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: OT WILL YOU MORONS STOP RAGGING?

1. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
2. I gotta go wrap my head in duct tape....
3. Morons are too darned dumb to read,
4. Or reply...
5. I may be wrong,
6. But ain't the title,
7. Doing the same thing,
8. The body of the post decries?
9. May I suggest,
10. Rather than calling Forum Member Morons,
11. Perhaps a PM to one of the moderators,
12. Detailing your concerns and
13. A positive answer to the problem.
14. It's always good to be part of the solution.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Can't Get Enough

LEVE, [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Can't Get Enough

Leve...
Very good point.

Payton...
Besides your name calling, I understand your frustration. I visit this board maybe once a week (at most). I used to visit at least twice daily, but it is more of a gripe session here than a technical forum. The tech aspect drew me in 4 years ago, but the BS that goes on with this BB has caused me to lose interest.
I still have a Jeep, it still breaks, but most of the time I would just rather figure it out with a manual or another online source than visit this place.
It's not a bad bulletin board by any means, but it has its "clicks". Just like the popular crowd in middle and high school. They stick together, not as Jeepers, but as what I call "the elite posters". The ones who have something to say in every post, whether or not they have any clue on how to answer the poster's questions.

Honestly, I don't miss it and I'm sure I'm not missed. I have a life outside of sitting on here and having a grab ass session with my online buddies. I have my wedding in 5 weeks to worry about, a job that takes up a lot of my time, and plenty of school work to take care of. No time to sweat the petty sh|t that goes on here.

But, as you can see, I was bored for the past half hour, so I decided to post this rambling mess of an opinion.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Actually, Payton, I don't think the board has changed all that much. There WILL be "cycles" where topics can and will be beat to death, and there IS often a political undertone to some of the posts because, well, posts are from PEOPLE, and people can be passionate about certain issues. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Many of us can find ourselves "cycling" in and out of an activity....like we might bowl two or three nites a week for a year; drop it, and then go back..... and when we've been away, the re-visited activity sometimes SEEMS different than we remembered it. It's just the way things often work. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I cannot recall a time when this BBS was EVER totally free of flames, but it has never been intolerable; or close to intolerable; or in any real peril from rancor or from acrimonious postings. There IS still a heck of a lot of good advice and technical help here, and it's well worth by-passing an OT post, or a real negative post now and then to get to the good stuff. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 08:28 PM
97TJ

on the fence

I don't post often, and not in any of the "clicks". I have found it tough to get a direct answere to the very few questions I have ask. Granted I have alot to learn about wheelin. Seems that some of the posters don't want to take the time to help folk just getting into the sport.
Now on the other hand. If you consider this board to be full of flame throwing. Check the jeep board over on the Pirate page. Won't take long before your back over here, the poeple on here are mellow compared to that page.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 09:42 PM

Payton, this same thread goes around every few months. Dave and I have asked for suggestions, and the consensus is that there's nothing wrong with letting those who want to clang heads together have their fun as long as it's marked as OT and doesn't get too uncivil.

We watch the rancorous threads and from time to time caution a poster to refrain from foul language and name calling, and a few times have closed down a thread that was getting out of hand.

As Dave said, if you don't like head-clanging posts, don't read them.

As for people who aren't around much any more, that happens with everything. People get tired of TV shows and don't watch them any more, volunteer organizations recruit new people all the time, but generally maintain the same number of folks doing the work. There aren't many Brownie troop leaders who have been doing it steady for 20 years. It's a common cycle; get excited, get involved, do it for a while, and then move on.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Moron huh?

Well thanks for noticing! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Re: on the fence

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I have found it tough to get a direct answere to the very few questions I have ask.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems that some of the posters don't want to take the time to help folk just getting into the sport.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got to call [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] on this one!

The people on this board have given help with anything Jeep or otherwise. Buying a pistol or shotgun, vacuum cleaner and washing machine repair, marital and medical advice, etc., etc. have appeared here.

You do have some problems asking questions and titling your threads.

In a thread you titled "QUESTIONS ABOUT 97TJ", you ask how to get more power and better fuel economy from a 4-banger. JEEPN gave you the answer. It ain't gonna happen, it's a common complaint. He did ask you what mileage you were getting but you failed to reply.

In another thread you titled "lift kit", you ask about limiting straps. Looks like elusive gave you some personal help.

In another thread you titled "Great gas mileage", you claim to have seen a 600 to 800% increase in fuel economy when your muffler came loose. You state your mileage in trips/partial tanks. We understand mpg.

A thread you titled "Anti Thief' got 20 replies not counting your own. It appears you didn't like the advice you got. DON'T KEEP ANYTHING WORTH STEALING IN IT!!!!!

Learn to help us help you.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Can't Get Enough

Moron huh?

Well thanks for noticing!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind the "moron" label so much... since it fits more often than not, but it's the "click"-thing that I'm appalled about...

I'd like to "call" and see your 'cards' sir - care to back up the cheap words w/ something tangible? [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode