Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Bash legacy, this stinks! (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/193881-bash-legacy-stinks.html)

Jim_Lou 06-01-2004 04:18 PM

Bash legacy, this stinks!

When I got back from the bash there was a bunch of office work to be done, so I unloaded everything quickly and got to it. It had been a rainy weekend here, and there was a strange, slightly musty smell in the office. I opened a window but the smell persisted. After a couple of days I set up a dehumidifier across the hall and ran it around the clock, figuring that drier air would cure it.

After a week or so the smell was still there, and I began to think that a critter had gotten behind the wall and died, but it wasn't really a dead critter smell. Then I remembered the articles I'd read about persistant molds that could be almost impossible to completely remove. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Last weekend the office was closed while we went to a wedding in Georgia, and the smell was really strong when we got back, so I turned off the dehumidifier and opened the window again. This afternoon I hadn't noticed the smell until I went over to the fax machine. Definitely there, and still pretty strong. I lifted my Leadfoot trophy off the laminator and bent over to sniff the area. REAL strong, right around the trophy. I sniffed the foam holding the throttle pedal to the board. [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] Gaaaag!

So the trophy is going to be relocated to the shop. Who cares about odd smells in a shop.

JBTater 06-01-2004 06:42 PM

Re: Bash legacy, this stinks!

Well, I guess MAV's POS award ought to be just about right by now then. [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

LEVE 06-01-2004 08:50 PM

1. I read the title as: Bush Legacy, this stinks!
2. I hate it when that happens...
3. I had to read the post three times,
4. Looking to find Bush...
5. And he wasn't there.
6. I really am dumber than a small box of rocks. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

WILL 06-01-2004 11:18 PM

Don't feel bad, LEVE, I did the exact same thing and I was at the bash.

Jim_Lou 06-02-2004 07:50 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
1. I read the title as: Bush Legacy, this stinks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Leve, do you still have your John Birch Society card, too? [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And my apologies to the maker of the foam that Andy and Mom used to hold the trophies together, the stink isn't from the foam after all; it's from the green sparkly rubber footprint that was stuck to the pedal. It looks like the same material that rubber fishing lures are made from, but I can't imagine that fish would dig this smell.

LEVE 06-02-2004 08:28 AM

Leve, do you still have your John Birch Society card, too?

[/ QUOTE ]1. Nope, I've never been a member of the Birchers,
2. They're too liberal.

upalittle 06-02-2004 09:11 AM

Until I got to the end of your post, I was concerned about the trophy Dee &amp; I won (Loudest Tent Nooky). I was real proud of that (at 57 yrs. old) and wanted to display it in a prominent location. Dee relegated it to my garage, but I still look at it occasionally (like every couple days). I wasn't sure what Andy had used on it, but now I'll relax alittle and just enjoy it.
[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

Jim_Lou 06-02-2004 09:44 AM

1. Nope, I've never been a member of the Birchers,
2. They're too liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]

knifeboy2 06-02-2004 10:34 PM

Unless you took care of it before I saw your shop I didn't smell anything that funky. Was probly one of those sticky feet kids get outta those little vending machines at the grocery store. I can see that thing gettin stanky.

Jim_Lou 06-03-2004 07:58 AM

Nope, hadn't discovered the source at that time, but I did open the windows earlier which aired out the worst of it. Now the foot is in the shop, and I can smell it when I walk by, but mainly because I know what to expect.

Glad you got to stop by. It's always fun to show off a little and talk about what I do. Just have to learn to shut up sooner. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]