o/t If there is any phish fas I hope you heard - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 09:32 PM
spider10382

o/t If there is any phish fas I hope you heard

Since <nobr>Jeep</nobr> brings in people of all walks of life if any of you are phish fans I hope you heard the news. This is it your last chance to see them this summer. If you havent already I would suggest getting tickets to the coventry show since I beleive all the others are sold out. Let me know if anyone plans to hit either the Ma Tweeter center shows or the Coventry VT show. Certainly a sad time for a lot of people [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

Read Treys letter to the Phans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: o/t If there is any phish fas I hope you heard

Good Riddens,,, Lost my first top to a bunch of jerks attending one of their concerts in Lexington Ky. Least they could have done was stolen the radio out of it so Insurance would have covered it..... Real nice to get off work at 2 am in febuary and have a 20 minute interstate drive home to find someone shreaded your top for you while you...... Besides I met a chunk of the band and well I was not impressed. RANT DONE
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 11:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Good Riddens,,,

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, guess you can spell.

Who'd a thunk?

Concerts are tricky... Make sure that you ride with someone who drives an old Blazer that looks like there are several guns somewhere inside. No problems leaving either.

[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 04:48 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

IMHO Phish is a fad. When we hear about Metallica or AC/DC finally calling it quits.... that will truely be a sad day. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 07:09 AM
mojomoney

I heard the news yesterday morning and was greatly saddened. As for being a fad, the band has been together for more than two decades and has an enormous following, being one of the largest grossing live acts in the past decade. The outdoor concerts were always a great time. After seeing a plethora of concerts like AC/DC, Metalica and the likes it was always refreshing to go to a phish concert where there were no mosh pits, and hardly ever a hint of anger and animosity in the crowd. Sure, you had to endure tens of thousands of smelly, dread-locked, tree-hugging-earth-pickles dancing as if they were having seizures while standing upright, but it was fun nonetheless. I regretfully will be going to a wedding while they play their last concert. After last years trip to Limestone, ME where it took 17 hours to drive the last 6 miles to Loring AFB, I'm almost relieved to have an excuse not to go.
Anyhow, to those who are fans; have a wonderful time in Coventry. It's been a good ride for the band but the trip has to end sometime. I just hope for your sake that they have adequate porta-johns this year. Otherwise I strongly suggest avoiding the veggie burritos. They are just bad news.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 11:15 AM

I'll have to say, like em or not they are not a fad. I am not a huge fan, but just because you don't like something does not mean you can discount it for someone else. Any group that can weather over 20 years in the turmoil of the recording business has withstood its fair share of ups and downs. Like em or not, Phish was not a fad.

Cecil
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 02:55 PM
spider10382

I agree you can hardly call a band a fad when they
Have over 200 songs half of them not on any studio recording
Have weathered over 20 years as a band together
Had almost no commercial ties whatsoever
And how can you compare them to Metallica when I vaguley remember Metalica going on a massive b*tch fest when people started downloading there cds where as Phish entire fan base revolves around the downloading and sharing of their music

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
. I regretfully will be going to a wedding while they play their last concert. After last years trip to Limestone, ME where it took 17 hours to drive the last 6 miles to Loring AFB, I'm almost relieved to have an excuse not to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent 28 hours in my car last year for IT and dont regret one minute of it. There is no excuse for not going! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode