Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: O/T Mazda 626 idle problem
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Does this give you any better ideas as to how to approach it?
[/ QUOTE ]1. Yes, any little bit of information helps.
2. The engine should show a spike in idle at start,
3. For about 2 - 3 seconds, and
4. Then settle back to about 850 RPM (for an AT).
5. But if it stays high for a long time,
6. Like the Warm Up cycle of then engine,
7. Then drops...
8. It kind of rules out a lot of expensive stuff.
9. Try taking off the air filter and hose..
10. And choking off the air.
11. Does the RPM change?