Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Help 99 Dodge wont start Left at Wal-Mart!!
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Aparently the computer needs a certain amount of juice to work correctly.
[/ QUOTE ]1. This is fun to watch die.
2. At about 10.2 volts,
3. The Fuel Injection systems will start to[*]Twitch[*]Convulse[*]Roll over[*]Finally die.
4. Remember that EFI depends on sensors,
5. To report engine conditions.
6. The Voltage drops,
7. And the ECM gets bad reports.
8. The ECM then tries to compensate....
9. GIGO in GIGO out.
10. However in Willsjeep's problem,
11. The ECM seems to be getting voltage.
12. It can report a problem, mainly
13. NO BUSS
14. However it can't do anything.
15. So ALL communications from sensors are kaput.
16. And since no start engine sensors are read,
17. Eveything is deader than a door nail.
19. So, I suspect the PCM's really dead.
20. This is one to put on a scanner.
21. If an attempt to rescue it occurs,
22. It can change the state of the problem.
23. If this occurs... it may work for a while,
24. And then die again...
25. The cycle can contour until it's really dead.
26. So IMHO.. get that Dodge on a scanner,
27. BEFORE you attempt a rescue...
28. It's a tow bill and an estimate,
29. But it may be better in the long run.