Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Hammerite on exterior?
1. Hammerite takes a while to cure (30 - 60 days depending on heat and humidity).
2. So, if you top coat the Hammerite,
3. It will remain soft,
4. And not cure for a long time.
5. I'm planning on painting my CJ "Safety Yellow",
6. This summer using hammerite...
7. I've painted hard door exteriors with it,
8. And it hold up well.
9. I've had it on bumpers and frame members,
10. For over 6 years,
11. It still looks good.