Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMOND? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMOND?

Between my polls here & the CJ-8 forum; RE has a slight lead on Skyjacker, w/ Warn Black Diamond running a close 3rd. (Kinda surprised more folks have not indicated a preference. Oh well... [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Does anyone have a good (meaning: cheap) source for Skyjacker products? Warn Black Diamond?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 06:43 PM

Re: Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMOND?

Bought mine from quadretec for one reason......service. There people have always been top notch.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:43 PM
MOX
Old Hand

I second the vote on Quadratec. 90% of my Jeep is probably from that magazine. Great service, fast shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Did me some checking around tonight while the family watched "Every Which Way but Loose" (too much bad language, but that's one funny movie).

Anyhow, I'm finding that while the Skyjacker base kits are significantly cheaper, by the time you add in all the suggested 'optional parts' (pitman arm, sway bar extension, etc...) the price is right near (or over) RE's 'full kit and kaboodle' price. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

As well, the Quadratec site suggests an extra kit for heavy front ends (winch/heavy bumper) which I could not even find as being carried by them - and hence no price. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

The Black Diamond kit, on the other hand, is a 3" kit consisting only of springs and new u-bolts. 3" probably better fits my needs, but everything else has to be put together by buyer/installer. May not be the best kit for a tyro like me.

Given my 'lack of experience' in this area [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img], I'm back to thinking the RE 'all-in-one' kit may be best for me in my present situation. But at least now that I've done a significant amount of research, I am much better informed and more able to make a well-reasoned decision.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 10:22 PM

I get most of my parts from www.ultimate4.com they will meat or beat any of q-tec's prices, it's a small shop with great service, it's just the owner dan and his 2 "mechanics". Give them a call, tell them andy sent ya they will treat you right and sell you just want you need. You mentioned sway bar extensions, if i were you i'd go with sway bar disconects if you ever plan on wheeling your jeep. Also do a search for 4 wheel parts wholesalers, you will probably be scared to ever buying from them.

BarrelRoll
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 07:09 AM
Veteran

Re: Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMON

Quadratec!?!?!?! I'm sorry, but the service does not outweigh the prices, they may do the "match price" thing, but why should I have to call and say "so-and-so has it cheaper", when I can just deal with "so-and-so"? And their shipping rates are crazy, it goes by price, not by poundage, so a small expensive item that weighs less than a pound would cost a phenomenal price to ship, but a cheap heavy item, may be less, this could work both ways for an individual.

And a "just for instance", a couple of years ago, I needed to get me a Detroit locker, Quadretec had them listed for $5??(can't recall exactly), one of the companies that I was referred to gave it to me for a little over $400 with no haggleing,....and their service is awesome as that's who I deal with exclusively now as long as they are selling the product that I'm looking to get.

Quadretec,....I use their catalog as a wish list for some items.......but,...to each their own.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Good sources for SKYJACKER & WARN BLACK DIAMON

I've been around and around this throughout my jeep ownership. The posted prices are quite fixed. You ever notice that virtually every item is the same price EVERYWHERE? There may be a $5-10 difference ..but then they jack you on the S&H. The manufacturers require a minimum advertised price from all their vendors. They can sell it at any price they choose ...but not advertise it. Quadratech relies on you buying it for that advertised price ...I don't believe that you can haggle with the person on the phone (I could be wrong). The same item is available somewhere else for a substantially lower price (at least worth the phone time).

Q-tech wanted $860 (IIRC) + S&H for the Warn hub conversion. I got it for $692 delivered from a small outfit (DC's something or other ..I have it somewhere).

I recommend hitting as many outfits that handle this/these item(s) as you can find. You'll stop when you've seen enough of a reduction off of the "list" price.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 10:22 PM
4x4xgirl

Hey, give the guys at Performance Offroad Center a call ... 866.540.7672 ... http://www.performanceoffroadcenter.com/. Bunch of nice peeps who are just as concerned about customer service as their bottom line. They'll beat anyone's price on anything they carry ... and I know they carry Warn/Black Diamond and there's a good chance they carry Skyjacker too
post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Mud in my Veins

Since your in the same area...I'll recommend DC4WD. He doesn't advertise the pricing, so he's not bound by the MSRP B$ most vendors have (his deal...)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Just sent DC a long-winded e-mail w/ my wants & needs. Once he has a chance to digest that, we will discuss on phone.

Thanks to all for your valuable and insightful suggestions and recommendations - they are very much appreciated.
[img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

Oh!, and BTW 4x4xGirl:
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Silly boys, JEEPS are for girls

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeeps ARE for BOYS! Though - just to show you gals that we are quite the selfless and generous types - we boys let you girls have a few to paint pink([img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] )for your Barbies! [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Blown Engine Count: 1

[/ QUOTE ]
Is additional evidence required? [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode