Front end sag... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 05:51 PM
304CJ7

Front end sag...

The front of my CJ7 sits lower than the rear. 4.5 RE lift and 1in body. I want it to sit level, or if nothing else higher in the front. A winch is in the future so its going to be even worse. Im not sure what to do. New shackles will screw up my castor, an aal will kill the ride, blocks are out of the question, and im not going to take a leaf out of the rear. So what can I do? Im puzzled. Any sugggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 11:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Front end sag...

It's getting late and it seems everyone has gone to bed without comment....

I don't know what to tell you other than the 304 is a heavy chunk of iron and you might want to think about adding a leaf or something to the front.

Best I can do is toss this back up to the top and see if someone else has a useful comment. Someone must have a useful comment on this.... surely!

Good Luck

post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 03:42 PM
304CJ7

Thanks. Bump this back to the top.

What about a shackle reversal? Ive read that some of them slightly lift the front end. Can you run a dropped pitman arm with it? Ive read that with some of them you cant. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 07:52 AM

Have you talked to the folks at RE? Was the Jeep level right after you installed the lift? Maybe the front springs got improper heat treat and have sagged.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 03:39 PM
304CJ7

No I havent talked to the guys at RE. I havent thought about it but I will call them and get an opinion. I am 100% the lift is on right, but I was told by a friend (and long time Jeeper) that the front end might sag because of the V8. I will try to get a picture of it tonight to show ya what I am talking about.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 07:09 PM
mangu43

the v8 doesn't way any appreciable weight more than the straight six, espcially if you have the heavier crank in the pre 82 i think sixes. So that isn't the source of your problem (there may be a 75 lb difference). I think that in your initial post you have all the options but don't want to do any of them! Just throw an overload leaf in the front. It won't affect your ride because it should ever touch the rest of the pack and will give you 3/4 inch or so. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode