Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   the flowmasters are on the 360 and sounds goooood (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/188358-flowmasters-360-sounds-goooood.html)

webjeep 03-05-2004 08:44 PM

the flowmasters are on the 360 and sounds goooood

ran by the exhaust shop today just to check the progress and to my surprise the flows were on. my guy did an awesome job of keeping everything tucked up nice and tight all the way i'll try to get some pics posted next week.

anyway, it was run with 2.25" dual pipe, no crossover and the 40 series flows. he tucked the mufflers in just under the body immediately behind the t-case skidplate. it looks awesome and sounds even better. i was a bit concerned that it was going to be too loud, but when i fired it up it was a nice mellow rumble. with steady throttle increase it didn't even get that loud. it really only got very loud when i layed into the gas. anyway it sounds awesome, ill try to post a soundbite later if i can figure out how [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

of course with good news comes the bad, apparently on the inspection they found that i need new brakes up front and a new rotor on the driver's side. that and a vacuum leak on the base of the carb. oh well, easy fixes there. hopefully we'll be ready before next thursday.

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-web

MarineOpLaw 03-05-2004 09:02 PM

Re: the flowmasters are on the 360 and sounds goooood

Good for ya Web!

BTW: I might be in C'ville next Saturday morning... maybe I'll get to see ya and that 'new' awesome machine of yours.

Congratulations!!! [img]images/graemlins/goodpost.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

webjeep 03-06-2004 09:40 AM

Re: the flowmasters are on the 360 and sounds gooo

[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] we're coming up to stafford thursday and friday (spring break - the wife and i actually get to see each other) to see as many people as we can. i'm hoping to have the brakes done and everything dialed in before we come up so i can bring it. lemme know when you come down, though i have a feeling it may cause youto change your mind about doing the 360 in your j-truck and think about putting it in the 8 [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

-web