Rocky Road Outfitters Budget Lift for TJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Rocky Road Outfitters Budget Lift for TJ

I just bought a budget lift for my new TJ (it's only suppose to be temporary) from the Rocky Road Outfitters. It's basically the coil spring puck front and rear and shock extension so you don't have to buy new shocks. I've been reading up on it and I'm worried about two things...vibration in the driveline and these "shock extensions". Anyone running this type of lift or something similar? It was only $100 so, I figure if I don't like it, I'm not out that much. I only wanted a mild lift to get the thing up off the 31's that look like they might rub in extreme articulation of the axle.

thanks for any info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 06:38 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Rocky Road Outfitters Budget Lift for TJ

Well, I don't know about the shock extensions, but I don't think that you'll have a problem with vibration from the BB. I didn't. Most people don't from just a 2" BB, but I have heard a few people say that they did. If so, I'd say a couple of washers worth of TC drop would take care of it.
Make sure you get it aligned after you install it though. Or do it yourself. It's pretty easy. I'm sure you can find how with a search on this board. Sorry, but I'm too lazy to find it for you right now.
Good luck with the lift.
Oh, and you could also do what I'm doing about the shocks if you don't trust the extensions. Just run your stock ones until they explode from over traveling. Then you can justify getting the right length.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode