Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   woohoo got to drive the jeep across town (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/188291-woohoo-got-drive-jeep-across-town.html)

webjeep 03-04-2004 07:55 PM

woohoo got to drive the jeep across town

well, i went over to the shop today to get the jeep and have a buddy of mine tow it over to get the exhaust put on, but for some reason i allowed myself to be talked into driving it across town with no exhaust. i fired it up and instantly began smiling again since it has been since november since i drove it. i pulled out of the shop and headed down the road. i was stuck next to some rice burner with a 5 inch coffee can muffler at a light and had to laugh as my v-8 with open manifolds masked the crappy noise of his cuisinart on crack. at any rate, the jeep is over getting the exhaust put on now, going to be running a complete custom exhaust with 2.25 straight pipes through 40 series flowmasters. the guy doing it is going to tuck the flows up just behind the t-case and run em out the back. i was assured that the pipes would be tucked up nice and tight (as far as possible). hopefully i will have the heep back on the road sometime next week. yeah !!!!!!!!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i am psyched. i miss my jeep.

-web

CJclay 03-04-2004 08:11 PM

Re: woohoo got to drive the jeep across town

Congrats Web!

I know that feeling exactly (drove mine about 5 miles with no exhaust) and wish I could bottle it to sell.

Let me know how you like those 40 series mufflers. I'm thinking 40 series delta flow to go with my new 360 because I'm tired of how loud my resonators are. I'd like to know your opinion of how loud those 40 series are inside the Jeep while you're driving.

Clay

webjeep 03-04-2004 09:09 PM

hopefully i'll know early next week, i still have to get it back over to my buddy's shop and set everything (carb and timing) once the exhaust is on. all i can say about today is when i got over to the exhaust shop the girl up front kept asking my why i was smiling so big and i couldn't figure whether it was because i was deaf, stoned off of exhaust fumes or just happy that i was driving the jeep again [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-web

JBTater 03-05-2004 07:02 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
cuisinart on crack

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic!! [img]images/graemlins/chairfall.gif[/img]

Congrats on the resurrection. You know, a nice drive to Attica in May would be a great way to reconnect with her. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Olin18 03-05-2004 07:38 AM

Once you get your exhaust on, and you have some miles on it, I would also be very interested to hear what you think. My plan right now it to run the same set up. 2.5" pipes out of each header into two 40's and then out. I would love to hear what you think, and how the sound is. I am thinking/ hoping that it will be nice enough to run on a daily basis. But still let it be known that there is a little something special under the hood.
I am going to run my exahust as far out of the way as possible. And dump in a place that is not easily seen. I don't want it to look like like there are two pipes.