Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Jeep-Short Wheelbase (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/)
-   -   Northern WI/ UP BBS Fall run? (https://forums.off-road.com/jeep-short-wheelbase/186656-northern-wi-up-bbs-fall-run.html)

Jeeper99xj 02-09-2004 11:40 PM

Northern WI/ UP BBS Fall run?

We have the badlands bash in the spring which is in Indiana. It would be nice to also have a fall run and I know there are a handfull of people from the "northern mid west". Who would be down for a bbs run in the fall some time before snow starts falling? I'm thinking maybe the last weekend of september though i'm open on the date.

I have an area in mind but don't want to set the location for sure untill i've actually wheeled the trails out there (i was out there last weekend though there was way too much snow to wheel), the area i'm thinking of is near skanee michigan. There's a D&N camp ground pretty much at the "trail head" so non street legal rigs shouldn't be a problem. This area looks to be pretty much a mixture of the pink trail from the badlands and tellico with a little more slop on the trails. There are trails for stockers too but also some trails to push "built" rigs from what i hear.

Is anybody else game? Do we want this to be some what "organized" like the badlands bash or do we just want it to be a get together? I'm open to other ideas if people don't want to drive all the way up to the pretty much northern most tip of the UP.

BarrelRoll

Gooddogs 02-09-2004 11:50 PM

Re: Northern WI/ UP BBS Fall run?

Ya go for it we would be game. Has anyone set a date for the spring bash yet we are planning on making that one to. Lots of big trips this year so just keep us posted and let me know if you would like help setting it up I have a buddy that just might have the time to give you a hand with that part of it.

Jeeper99xj 02-10-2004 12:18 AM

Well the loonie run is either the 1st or 2nd weekend in october so that's too close together and also most of the locals that i could get to help guide trails would be going to that so i'm thinking the weekend of october 22nd.

BarrelRoll

Gooddogs 02-10-2004 12:48 AM

I you would like to go to Spring Fling let me know its only 1/2hr away from here and you would be more then welcome to stay with us.

Jim_Lou 02-10-2004 07:49 AM

I like the idea, although I might not be able to get there. Let's see how much interest you can kick up.

barfnick 02-10-2004 08:54 AM

I may be able to scare up a couple of guys to go to this one. Attica is too far to drag our crap, but the UP would be closer.

WILL 02-10-2004 08:58 AM

We could have one at the Hot Springs Superlift park too for those in the South central area.

Jeeper99xj 02-10-2004 09:17 AM

Shoot me some info on the spring fling I might be interested, living in the UP has it's perks. The school "club" is planning their spring trip to this area so i'll be able to get a better idea of the land in april. Assuming the trails are decent outside of skanee MI does that sound like a good area or do people want to go some where else? Also how about the date? Who else is interested. I know it's a haul for some people but for others it's right in their back yard. This area is probably about 4 1/2 hours from the bridge to down state MI.

BarrelRoll

Jeeper99xj 02-11-2004 11:26 AM

to the top, any one else interested?

75jeep401cj5 02-11-2004 08:47 PM

I live in Northern lower Michigan and would like to make some runs in the UP. I sure that a couple buddys of mine would like to make a trip also. I have wheeled Drumond Island on the East side of the UP, had "Good Times". I think the western side would be great.

Could someone keep me posted on this topic?

Thanks
Bill Miller