Advance Adapters Chevy Bolt-In Saddle Mount Kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Advance Adapters Chevy Bolt-In Saddle Mount Kit

I wanted to get every ones impression of advance adapters chevy bolt in saddle mount kit (P/N 713087). I am swapping my CJ onto a non-rusting YJ frame and I am going to swap in a TPI 350 while I'm at it. I saw this mount in the magazine and I thought it was superior to the other ones because it goes from frame rail to frame rail; henceforth, strengthening the frame. It is a bolt on mount; however, I would most likely end up bolting and welding it to the frame. Has any one tried this saddle mount? Would you buy it again? Does any one have any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Old Hand

Re: Advance Adapters Chevy Bolt-In Saddle Mount Kit

I cant get a picture to come up on it at advance but ....

I did the same kind of mount on a 63 Willys Pickup of mine once ,,it ran from frame to frame in front of the motor,, Dropped a 65 327 vette engine in her ,, it bolted to 2 boss's in the front of the motor,,,1 had to drilled & taped ,, Made mine from scratch ,,, real easy made it out of 1/4 steel... The chevy guys told me they used to mount the older chevys like that 50's or so that had a V8 in them ,,

Ran it for 4 or 5 yrs like that ,, never had any thing go wrong ,,, (cept that 327 would eat T90s [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] for breakfest)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 07:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
cept that 327 would eat T90s for breakfest

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but wasn't the T90 designed to go behind a flat head 4 cyl.

I had a 283 with hot cam and 202 heads in front of one years ago in a Willys Wagon. Wish velcro had been invented then, I would have used it to hold the tranny and tcase in so that I could take them out every weekend. [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

It was fun and I wasted so much money on that rig.

Here's a nice rig that sold on eBay recently. He says he used 4 Wheel Drive Hardware bolt-in motor mounts.

1982 Jeep Scrambler Rock Crawler Trail Ready

I don't know the guy or the Scrambler, noticed the auction because he lives near Indy like me.

Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 08:08 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
they used to mount the older chevys like that 50's or so that had a V8 in them

[/ QUOTE ]

The '55 through '57 265 and 283 engine mounts were on the front of the block and the bellhousing. The front mounts were basically angles with two holes to bolt to the block, and one to carry a double rubber biscuit. The rear mounts were a big rubber block between two pieces of steel plate. They carried most of the weight since the transmission was otherwise unsupported.

In '58 they went to the mounts on the side of the block and one under the transmission. A decidedly inferior setup since it turned a transmission swap into a complicated, all afternoon job. With the earlier setup it could be done by one guy in 30 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode