Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: MPI installed...Electrical Issues
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
But the heater and the headlights drain it for some reason, I don't get, and I dint know why it wouldn't start before, I'm baffled...
[/ QUOTE ]1. OK something changed...
2. Don't just check the grounds,
3. Refurbish them.
4. The items you are telling us about,
5. Are the highest current drains,
6. That the electrical systems supplies...
7. The grounds are the single points of faiure...
8. A Fuel Injection System won't run reliably,
9. When the voltage drops below about 10.7 volts...
10. If that threshold is breeched,
11. Lots of bad ju-ju is gonna happen.
12. So, now do a few things: [*]Replace the battery cables (positive and negative)[*]Make sure the battery post/clamps are burnished.[*]Replace the frame to engine block braid/cable[*]Replace the frame to tub wire/braid[*]Run BIG, separate grounds to the Lights and the heater motor.
13. These fixes don't cost much,
14. And the benefits are wonderful.
15. Then you know what's not broke,
16. That's often as valuable as knowing what is broke.