The 13 letter sh!t spreader pick up mission - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

The 13 letter sh!t spreader pick up mission

A couple days ago we (my buddy kurt and I) were talking with a buddy and he mentioned he had a scout 2 that he needed gone and it was at his parents house (north of green bay, were in marquette MI). I didn't have any $$ to go pick it up but Kurt did so he decided we should go get it. Last night my yj was on the trailer and it had been on there for 2 or 3 weeks and covered in snow so we had to get it off and into the garage last night. Mind you it was probably -15* w/ wind chill and snowing. That was fun. My ford's heater had stoped working so i got a new blower motor after i pulled the blower motor i found out the squirl cage took a dump so i'd have to get one in the morning.

Today the goal was to leave around noon so i got up at 9am and started running erands, got my squirl cage and put it in in napa's parking lot (that was [happy thoughts]ing cold), sent my money to hank for parts, ran a buddy to napa for the 2nd this this morning because his truck was torn apart in my drive way, fixed my trailer brakes, made a kick ass shifter boot out of duct tape. Some how I got my tools loaded, my truck fixed, and the trailer hooked up by 12:30. Swung by kurt's room and told him lets go, he was shocked that everything was ready to go so early. We gassed up at 1 gas station though their munchies sucked so we had to go to a 2nd station for munches and left the marquette area around 1 which was unbelieveable considering andy time.

After we were about 25 miles out of marquette I happen to look in my rear view mirror and see a tire bouncing in the air. Not just a little bounce but it probably bounced 25' in the air. Luckly the car behind me was pretty far back and avoided the. Hit the brakes, turn around go pick up my tire, it was the trailer spare, note to self tie down trailer spare. While we were picking up the tire i decided to take a piss and instead of pissing right on the shoulder i went 10' to the woods and found out the snow was 2-3' deep and my boots and pant legs got wet Kurt was smart enough to wait till i pissed and use my tracks in the snow.

After driving a good 4 hours hours that we were told would take 3 we finally got to the beauty. It probably took 4 because we were actually driving the speed limit for once. Luckly they only had 4-6" of snow so it wasn't too hard to get to the scout though driving in the yard with the trailer didn't work. We got the scout out and to the road with some good yanks from my "trusty old ford". It took some good ole hillbilly engineering to get the sh!t spreader up on the trailer but it was finally up on the trailer and held down with 2 big ratchets straps and about 4 or 5 little ones to keep the body from going air born.

After the bueauty was up it was time to fix my stupid trailer wiring. That was fun luckly our buddie's dad had a test light and some super cool wire striper. Another 20 min. of monkeying with the wiring and we were back on the road.

We get on the highway and the clutch start's chattering/ slipping like crazy making it feel like some one was turning on and off the ford's engine every other second. After the 1st 50 miles I was about to shoot my pos but instead stopped for some Mickey D's. After eating test tube food we were back on the road and i started thinking up the ebay add for my super cool truck with lots of character. Some how the truck made it back and on the way back we stopped at the gas station on the corrner of 2 and 41 for some gas and coffee and found out that with a fill up you get free coffee . The last 50 miles back to marquette were un eventfull with the occasional pull over to the shoulder to let the speedy drivers get past the beverly hillbillys wagon. Mind you it's snow pretty good on the last 50 miles but have no fear we made it back to marquette in 1 piece with out getting pulled over or any major disaster. My tools are back at my shop and the scout is still on the trailer behind my ford sitting out in a teachers parking lot out in fron of my door. I've also polised off my 2nd beer while typing off this. It's just about bed time, i gota get up at 9 to help kurt rip the beauty apart. Pics to follow tomorow.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 03:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: The 13 letter sh!t spreader pick up mission

I love these stories [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 03:43 AM
Old Hand

Saweeeeeet [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 07:57 AM

LOL Andy. All I can say is better you than me.
At least you made it this time. [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Can't Get Enough

Great adventure story Andy... enjoyed it immensely. Sounds like you been livin' right for things to have gone so well. If'n it'd been me, I'd still be in the NAPA parking lot monkeying around w/ the squirrel cage! [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

We've started tearing it apart and i just ran back to my room for some refreshments. If i still have any energy left i'll type up the full story and post some pics tonight or tomorow at some point. It's always and adventure in Andy land.

BarrelRoll
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Old Hand

Andy i dont know how you do it, if that had been me the truck would have died or the wheel that fell off the trailer would be a road wheel. That sounds like one heck of an adventure.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

This was an average adventure in my life, nothing way out of the ordinary. I didn't get pulled over which was really nice. Some how that stupid old f150 of mine is kinda reliable and the things that do go usually go in the drive way like the water pump, alternator, battery, starter, brake lines and the list goes on. Only things that left me stranded so far were the 2 clutches and the 1 time the fuel pump relay took a dump in the woods. I'm crossing my fingers nothing else major goes out on this truck before I can afford a new truck, time to take in all my cans to start the new truck fund. There are days when i actually like my truck and other days like when the clutch randomly slips that i hate it, maybe i'll keep it though cancer is taking over pretty bad though. Mav has seen my truck and knows what i'm talking about. I'll have the get the pictures of the beauty from my buddy.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode