OT - Help with work beater problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 08:09 PM
davisa

OT - Help with work beater problem

Hoping someone can guide me in a direction on a problem with my daily driver. Car is a '95 Mercury Sable, 3.0, auto, ~128,000 mi. Started noticing a miss/shudder at part throttle, like when loafing on an incline. If I made it rev it would go away. Sometimes it would be worse than others. I actually thought the tranny was going at first but now that it got worse it seems more like a miss. A few days ago it wouldn't start on a really cold morning. It would crank but wouldn't fire. I put new plugs in it and cap/rotor. The wires have ~30,000 on them. After this it ran good for a few days but still on a cold morning it stumbles for a few seconds before settling into an idle. Now it is back to missing again with today worse than ever. Again it is in a part throttle/lugging situation and can be made to go away by giving it more throttle. It seems to idle in park fine but I can feel a slight miss when idling in drive with foot on brake like at a stop light. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: OT - Help with work beater problem

1. Clean the MAS sensor,
2. Pull it out,
3. Clean the wire with alcohol and a Q-tip.

Last edited by LEVE; 03-24-2009 at 08:44 PM.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 07:14 PM
davisa

Re: OT - Help with work beater problem

Thanks for the help. I cleaned the MAF but it didn't help. Then I found that one of my Autozone Premium plug wires was bad with only 30,000 on it. O put a new one on at work today and it seemed fine on the way home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode