100 Acre Wood Rally - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

100 Acre Wood Rally

The annual 100 Acre Wood & Trespassers Wil rallies are being held in southern Missouri on Friday, February 20th and Saturday the 21st. The headquarters will be in Salem Missouri, and the rallies will be on gravel forest roads mainly south and east of Salem.

This isn't your father's rally - there are timed sections where the target time is zero, and any time greater than that accrues penalty points. Anyone who has never seen these guys blasting down gravel roads should come out.

We always need Marshalls and Tow Vehicles. Marshalls are stationed at intersections, houses or spectator points on the high-speed sections to observe and instruct onlookers. Tow vehicles are needed to pull broken down entrants, sometimes out of the trees, to a hard road where their service crew can get to them.

The rallies are coordinated with 2-meter Ham radios, and we always need more operators and rigs. Four wheel drive is not a requirement for Marshalls, unless it snows in which case we will need every 4X4 in three states. About 25 years ago there was a 20" snow in the area on Thursday, and we still ran the rally!

The official website is http://www.100aw.org/

If anyone would like to volunteer, let me know. And volunteers are treated to a sumptuous banquet Saturday night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 01:42 PM
MomK

Re: 100 Acre Wood Rally

Jim
Thank you for posting this. Yes we are defintiely looking for more Sweep vehicles. Friday we will be starting out of Ellington,MO and Saturday we will be starting out of Salem, MO. Please feel free to e-mail me if any of you are able to work as a Sweep or have any other questions. Rally sweep experience is not necessary, but very helpfull. We will have atleast one experienced sweep with each novice sweep.
Thank you again,
Mary Kendall
KC0NLF
Sweep Coordinator 2004 TW/100AW
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 02:14 PM

Awwww man.....a year has gone by already!!!! [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img]
I remember your post from last year, and thinking..."yeah, next year I'll drive the CJ out and help''.........HAHAHA oh well, maybe next year...... [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img] Would love to check that out up-close in person.

Hope you get some help.....
A pic. or two would be cool, if you get the chance.

Hey, this means the anniversary of your tub swap is soon...eh??? Everything kosher?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Tub swap is wonderful. I'm enjoying having a Jeep that doesn't let stuff fall through the holes in the floor. And now everything electrical works again, too!

Last year I took a few pictures, but my digital isn't very good for that. The cars are so fast and the camera so slow that it's a matter of lucky timing to get anything but a dust cloud.

Hope you can make it some time. It's a hoot.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Official Historian

I too was hoping to make it this year but it will be about 3 weeks too soon (or more) till I'd be able to go. I almost have my house finished to sell but it won't be done before president's day. Hopefully next year. I am planning on being at the bash though.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 01:23 AM
MomK

I want to thank all of the people who have volunteered their time to help make this rally possible. I have just heard that as of this weekend there may be a room or 2 available in Salem at the ranch or the walnut bowl for rally weekend. If you have not sent your information in yet ,please e-mail me ([email protected])so that I know that you are still coming. This should be a great rally, there are already 35 racers signed up and adding more every day. See you Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday.
Thank you again
Mary Kendall
kc0nlf AKA;MomK
Sweep Coodinator 2004 TW/ 100 AW
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 06:27 AM
MomK

Thank you for volunteering to help
Thank you for showing up
Thank you for all your hard work
Thank you for helping in some difficult situations
Every race team told me to pass on to the sweep teams how grateful they were to have you out there and what terrific people they thought you were.I agree with them completely. The rally could not have happened with out each and everyone of you. Hope to see even more of the jeep club members helping out next year.
Thanks again
Mary Kendall
Aka;MomK
Sweep Coordinator 2004 TW/100 AW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode