O/T Saddam Capture - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

O/T Saddam Capture

I'm not trying to cause any political debate or any crap like that. Someone forwarded these pics to me and I thought I'd share. They seem pretty legit...

Sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1252999-pic14637.jpg (88.1 KB, 180 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Re: O/T Saddam Capture

Another...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1253000-pic28759.jpg (82.2 KB, 179 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Another one...

!!!!WARNING THIS ONE IS A LITTLE GRAPHIC!!!!

Sean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1253002-pic13011.jpg (96.3 KB, 191 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Another Another one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1253003-pic21038.jpg (37.8 KB, 162 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Another One one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1253005-pic00827.jpg (64.0 KB, 142 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Two more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1253008-pic04938.jpg (72.4 KB, 137 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Last one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1253009-last.jpg (90.6 KB, 139 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 11:49 AM

Kind of wondering why there's a timestamp one one and not the others... and also why that timestamp has been photoshopped in. :-/
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

I thought about that too... that the one picture had the date while the others didn't... who knows. Could be a number of things, that is when he decided to turn on the time stamp or the pic was taken by a different person...

Sean
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Iíve got a lot of questions about this whole thing. Some things just donít make sense.

I saw the footage on Fox News and it was obviously a fake. Maybe it was an attempt at a recreation, maybe something else. The soldiers didnít act right. One is standing there beside the hole almost at attention. Another walks over and lifts the rug but his actions indicate that he already knows whatís there, heís not in the process of a search, he knows whatís under the rug. At this point the one who had been standing at attention, nonchalantly reaches down and helps him lift the plug out of the hole. I donít know whether they rehearsed it too little or too much, but it wasnít convincing.

I know this is the land of magic carpets, but how did the rug wind up covering the hole so neatly?

The plug seemed to be made out of styrofoam and that seems odd to me. I would have expected a wooden trap door.

There are two loop handles on the plug that appear to be sticking straight up like they are stiff, maybe even steel. Why didnít they show as bulges through the rug?

Then there is the lack of concern for what or who might be in the hole. I wouldnít want to pull the plug without a lot of guns pointed and ready for what might be found in there.

There is also the report of Saddam coming out of the hole, identifying himself and saying that he was willing to negotiate. Iíd have thought that there was a language barrier.

Last week, very early in the morning, I hear on the Fox and Friends News show that there were reports out of Iraq that the US did not capture Saddam at all but he was captured by an Iraq group that then sold him to the United States. They reported that they kept him prisoner for two weeks and would not let him shower or bathe to give him the look they wanted. I was on this bbs at the time and they told the who before they got my attention by telling the what, so I missed who the actual group was. Iíve never seen anything about the story run again.

Iím watching for more on this. There are too many inconsistencies to take it at face value. It took months for the real Jessica Lynch story to come out. Though the part about the Iraqis trying to return her but being fired upon by the Americans was reported at the time but not given much validity until she said she remembered it.

I know Bush has a dog in this race and has lied to me several times before. He lied during his State of the Union address and Iím sitting there shaking my head when they switch to a camera to show Ted Kennedy shaking his head too. That was scary, me being on the same side with Ted or any Kennedy.

I donít have enough information to make any judgements yet but if G. W. Bush gets caught up in lying about the capture of Saddam, I donít think heíll get re-elected. Given the competition, he seems to be the lessor of the evils. Maybe we can wait until heís re-elected and then impeach him and Cheney both. Otherwise, I donít see any other hope of having a real Republican in the White House in the near future.

In Kansas, we use paper ballots. When I go to vote, I think Iíll just write ďTry againĒ across the presidential portion. Given the last years with Clinton and then Bush, I might take Ford back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode