Y.O. Ranch Jamboree!!!! Got a few questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 01:37 AM
jeepcreep40

Y.O. Ranch Jamboree!!!! Got a few questions

OK, I was wondering if i could get a little advice or facts from those of you that have been around the block a few times. I have never been on a Jamboree before and i was just hoping to get a little info about this one down at the Y.O. Ranch down in Texas. Maybe some of yall are heading down this way or have attended one like it before. i was going to try to get a general consensus about the difficulty (2-6 doesnít seem that bad, but is the scale a good representation?) and if that 265 dollars is really worth it(im a poor college student). Though i have never been on a jamboree i would love to get started. i do alot of wheeling with friends so its not really completely new to me; however, i need to know if there is anything special preparations or any advice i need to take with me. Hereís the site... http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com/events/yoranch.htm
What if i want to bring a friend??? Surely they donít pay the 265 also!!! Anything helps thanks.
P.S. I just scored a M8000 for 325 bucks, so thatís on now; however i dont have lockers, is that a problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 09:44 AM

Re: Y.O. Ranch Jamboree!!!! Got a few questions

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
What if i want to bring a friend??? Surely they donít pay the 265 also!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OH YES THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!
If your friend wants to go he will have to pay the same.

I went to the very 1st Jeep Jamboree they held back in 95 called Camp Jeep in Colorado. It was fun but I thought then it was too much money for what was offered. The best part about it was the face to face with the Jeep design engineers. We got to express our grips and design flaws with them. The trails were pretty good but when you show up to an event like this and you have the only Jeep there with a lift and winch you get asked a million questions.

Back then most all the people that went were stock Jeep owners, now they are a little different, I think.

There were a lot of Jeeps to look at and they offered a Jeep 101 driving course that was pretty nice. I got to take FS Cherokee limited through the course.

All in all will I do it again,,,, NO the value of what you get for cost layout is way out of proportion. Not only are you out the entry fees but you still have to pay for accommodations.

This is just my thought on it. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 09:59 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Jeep Jamboree's charge per person. It is expensive, but for novice wheelers it is probably worth it. Trail leaders spend time showing the correct lines and helping anyone who needs it. Cost includes most or all meals. I highly recommend going to one if: 1. You lack off-road experience; 2. You can afford it.
Camp Jeep is another story. It is sponsored by Jeep, so the trails are set up so Jeep will look good. Last year a stock Liberty made it through the most difficult trail without trouble. Not so with Jeep Jamborees. They are set up to test your Jeep and your driving. Go for it if you can afford it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 01:49 PM
jeepcreep40

Thanks for the input. I know a guy at Texas Jeep Outfitters that is going so ill run down the road and get his opinion. Getting there and finding the money for it is going to be the hard part. not to mention that i will more than likely break something out there so theres that expense too. thanks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Old Hand

Let me know if you make it adn I'll keep an eye out for you. There's a couple of us from the board going. Also, there's only 20 spots left, so don't wait too long.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 03:46 PM
jeepcreep40

Iím coming from San Marcos (Texas State). Thats not too bad of a drive if im not mistaken (to Kerrville). So in your opinion its worth it. have you ever been to the Y.O. or is this the first year? Iím sure it will be a great experience. How long do you think i have. will those 20 spots fill up quick?? i still gotta convince the parents. Iím sure ill see you there though [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Also, how extreme is your rig. is there any preparations I need to take and is the 2-6 difficulty scale doable.
Thanks for the info.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Old Hand

- The drive is about 1.5 hours.
- Denise at Jambo says it will be sold out within 2 weeks.
- You rig is fine as long as it is in good working order. You can pick which runs you want to go on so you don't have to go on the tough ones right out. Look over the requirements for the jambo. You need good tow hooks front and back and some other stuff. Nothing major.
- As for me, first time to the YO to wheel. But a friend has gone several times and likes it. Nothing real tough. But an enjoyable weekend at a place you can only wheel once a year.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 04:18 PM
jeepcreep40

Much thanks, Im sold. time to do a little collecting of funds. good thing the birthday is comming up soon.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Old Hand

Cool. I drive a brown CJ on 35's with the Golden Eagle on the hood. Pretty easy to spot and probably the only one there.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 11:48 AM
jeepcreep40

Sweet, if everything goes right ill be in a green cj on 35s also. are you driving there or are you pullin it on a flat bed?? She doesnt like the road too much. shouldnt be that bad of a drive though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode