TSL or BOGGER? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 07:39 PM
304CJ7

TSL or BOGGER?

Its time to buy some new tires. Im stuck between the TSL (36x12.5) or the Bogger (35x14.5). I want something very aggressive. I do a little street driving but mostly rocky trails and a little mud. Im not really worried about how long they last either because I dont put a whole lot of miles on the Jeep. Which do yall think is best? The Boggers are a little more expensive, are they woth it? And also can a 14.5 be run on an 8in wheel? Thanks, Taylor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 07:51 PM
numnumchocolate

Re: TSL or BOGGER?

i dont know (much) for sure but i think a 14.50 tire on an 8in rim is asking a little much...but i could be wrong... i really like the looks of the tsl, better than bogger personally...im sure they both work awesomely...........thast a nice decision to have to make
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 07:51 PM

The 14.5 will require a wider wheel for sure. Basically the discerning factor lies with your engine- does it have the guts to spin those big heavy aggressive boggers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 07:59 PM
Old Hand

I only got to try my boggers on some rocks once and wasn't impressed. They slipped a LOT. Actually, I didn't even get up the one ridge I tried them on. They were 37x13's. The 35x12.5 SSR's I ran for a couple of years were great though. Good traction in most all terrain, and probably would have gotten me up the ridge the boggers failed on. I will say though that I wasn't aired down at all, so that may have made a difference. But I also never aired down my SSR's either. [img]images/graemlins/thud.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 08:00 PM

With the driving you just said you do and the two to choose from I would go with the 36X12.50 SX.
What do you have now?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 08:52 PM

why dont you look into the new SS IROKS.........they have a 36X13.5(?)X15 that might just work for you....or go for the TSL fronts and Bogger rear combo that some guys on POR run....seems to do pretty good for them........

later
john [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Can't Get Enough

This is like opening a can of worms, but I vote for the TSL SX. I've seen too many guys with boggers come and play in the rocks only to be dissapointed because they keep sliding sideways. Those long lateral treads that make them the great mud tire they are, act as small ramps that just slide off the face of the rocks. Boggers do look cool however if you are crusing to the mall! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 10:32 AM
304CJ7

I might get a set of sx's then. Ive ruled out the bogger but now im stuck between the sx and tsl. Im pretty sure im gonna go get the sx. Any reason i shouldnt? Thanks guys
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 11:29 AM
SHINTON

If you get a SX you WILL want to invest in a set of beadlocks at some point soon. The sidewall is SO heavy that until you air down alot it doesn't flex.

My neighbors YJ, with the SXs just starts flexing at 5-6 lbs and with no air has a really good look! [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

The TSL will flex out quicker, but that means you have a thinner sidewall, might as well get the thick one and buy the beadlocks and be set for a long long time.

(Basically I am in the exact same situation as you, TSLs, SXs or Boggers....) The Bogger rear, TSL front is an interesting combo, not sure what to do with the spare though. One of the local guys is doing that on ROKEATR, his CJ.

Sam Hinton

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Pooh-Bah

Unless you groove the boggers alot, they have no lateral stability and walk sideways when they spin. After watching a set of IROK's this weekend on snow covered rocks I was definetly impressed, they were grabbing where TSL's and MTR's weren't. May want to look into them also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode