Enthusiast

03 TJ on TRUCKS!

called tomb raider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 02:12 PM
numnumchocolate

Re: 03 TJ on TRUCKS!

This is the crappiest build up i have ever seen in my life...i have lost alot of respect for the show, one i used to like

Round 1 - 4" Skyjacker Long Arm Lift...not my favorite but still hella expensive

35s, too big for the lift...no need for Long Arm Flex

Stock d35 w/ 35s and stock gearing...

SYE or dropped t/c not even mentioned

Round 2 - Mastercraft seats...oooooh

new flares?

Stacey spent half the episode talking about how great 5 pt harnesses were, then only put the lap belt in...whats that about...

This is a really dissapointing build up, especially w/ all the free parts they could have no doubt gotten in exchange for air time... [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] [img]images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I agree, I missed round 1 and then posted during the commercial. When they came back they didn't show the jeep again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Ya, I was tinking lame,,, but held out to see the 5 pt install, then He did not do it.... As for the lap belt,,, Did not mention anything about proper angles for the lap belt.... I am so disapointed... YA and 35's on 356 gearing,,, At least my jeep has 4.11 and that is not low enough for 32's [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 05:04 PM

I personally think Stacey has great love for the sport, and likes to wrench. He just seems the type. (I could be wrong) So I bet he has to bite his tongue on some of the crap they hand him to say. But he's gotta pay the bills. And even for as [img]images/graemlins/lame.jpg[/img] as the show usually is a lot of us would trade places with him to get to build and play with the toys he gets to. Lets not mention the fact I'm sure I would trade checks with him for that little show.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:32 PM
numnumchocolate

its true he has to pay the bills, but they could at least address the myriad of problems this good looking but poorly functioning jeep will no doubt produce...yeah its a cool show sometimes...its just a shame to see awesome build ups of novas w/ narrowed rear ends, fuel cells...extreme stuff...and then see the jeep get the weakest build up treatment on tv, ever....the HGTV jeep is more hardcore than this one
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:57 PM
numnumchocolate

i just hope next week will have a little more substance....ALOT more substance...for what its worth, all the jeepers ive heard are still watching this show, just to see what they do next...thats all its about, Ratings
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree totally. I can't believe that they put all that suff on that jeep and never mentioned the fact that it will need to be regeard. Or the fact that 35" tires are not a good idea on a Dana 35. If you are going to wheel to the point where you need aftermarket seat belts, then you shouldn't be driveing a D35C with 35" tires on it.
I have been disapointed lately in the show. I feel like it has gone from a good show that was full of a lot of teck, to a show that seems to be all about adds, and promos. But like everyone has said, they need to pay the bills.
I think it would be cool if he took that white TJ and really wet radical on it. Small block, 1 ton axles, the whole deal. But they wont.
I would be willing to bet that the kid who owns that thing is going to be very bummed when he drives that thing down the road the first time and can't even hit 55MPh
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I caught that episode. At the begining I thought , this should be good. Stacey seems to build things right, I loved his Willys Wagon Project. but as the show went on, I got the same impression... It was never mentioned, or at least I didn't catch it or was unable to get a good look as to what axle was in the rear. Or even any mention of what engine was in it. But what cracked me up from the start was the Kid that he's building it for... I want to see maybe some 33's, a big bumper lots of fog lights....... What's this kid gonna do with a Long arm kit? But i guess if Dadddy's got the money..........

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Addict

Not disagreeing with any of ya'lls points but I did watch the first episode on that build-up and I seem to recall that he at least mentioned many of the things you all have, ie. gears, lockers, etc. He also made the point of why he did not do the 5 pt harness install. Also if you saw the first episode where he talked to the kid and the kid's dad you'd understand who he is building this thing for. The kid is like many, just wants something that looks cool. Anyway, not defending the show just pointing out my observations. Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode