Racing pedals - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 01:04 AM
rckcrwlr87

Racing pedals

Anybody put raceing pedals on their clutch and brake on a YJ. If so how did you do it? I'm having trouble with my clutch pedal coming off. Any ideas on how to make it stay on? I know that there are YJs with the racing pedals but I just can't figure out how they get them to stay on. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 01:10 AM
MOX
Old Hand

Re: Racing pedals

Most I have seen just bolt onto the plates behind the rubber petal. Don't have em on my YJ, but seen em on a few yotas around school.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 01:18 AM
rckcrwlr87

Yeah I know that they just bolt on, but I'm having a hard time getting the clutch to stay bolted on, I'm wanting to know if anyone has any tricks on how to get them to stay bolted on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Can't Get Enough

Yes. Pet peeve. Had a buddy with something like size 13 barge looking shoes,always untied. Drove a VW bug. Ya ever see the pedals in a Bug? Some country's postage stamps are bigger. Real men drive real Jeeps that have pedals big enough for their real men's boots! I just made that up.... I picked out a set of pedals that the rubber was raised horizontal rows with chrome metal slats and tabs to hold on to original pedal. I also got the matching parking brake and dimmer switch pedals. I actually bought a second set so when the chrome started to get a little rusty I'll swap em out and clean up the first set, the were cheap. Now the backs of the new pedals were curved. Had a friend that welds make up a couple of adapter plates that I bolted to where the original rubber was and were curved to fit the new pedals. I used some contact cement and the tabs to hold em. 4 years now no problems. It only raised the pedal height about 3/4 on an inch. [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] I just wanted to use the machine gun guy, hehehehe.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Way Outta Control

Racing pedals?

How much faster does it make your Jeep run in a quarter mile?

Or does it make the Jeep corner like a 'Vette?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 11:13 AM
Can't Get Enough

I thought hood pins made it go faster and curb feelers made it corner better????? "Curb feelers".....God I'm old....... D [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]o they still make those?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 12:33 PM
rckcrwlr87

Yeah hahaha you are really funny. I put racing pedals in my jeep because they give me better grip when my shoes are wet and also when the get all caked up with mud you can just take them out hose em off and put them back in good as new. But I think that I got them fixed now to where they will stay on so hopefully it will work.

[img]images/graemlins/scs.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 12:35 PM
rckcrwlr87

Oh and my jeep still corners like a jeep and only goes as fast as the straight 6 4.2 lt. engine turning 32" tires will go.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Can't Get Enough

I did a little back sliding, I put the sway bar on. I did use the quick disconnect kind of links. Handles a lot better on the road. I've also seen pedals that had pieces of "expanded metal" http://www.mcnichols.com/products/expanded/ tack welded to them. This really gave good gripage. Quick, cheap, good. Don't try driving in your bare feet though.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Way Outta Control

I bought a set of those racing pedals this morning -- didn't really help much. I still get tired pedaling uphill. Next year I hope I can afford an engine.

Curb feelers? You mean the wire? Haven't seen those for awhile, I though that's what fenders are for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode