NEW CAR!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 06:35 PM
blp10

NEW CAR!!

Hi, it's me the new guy...Just got a new Jeep Wrangler Sahara (T-J [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) , manual. Don't know the tire size off the top of my head, I've already got the floor mats(lol) thinking about putting on a winch maybee a tubular bumper. Any other mods? I'm not sure I want to mess with the axel or the tires or the suspension because I drive on the express way alot (back and forth to college), but when I'm not on the exspress way I'm off road. We have 40 acres of hunting property in northern michigan lots of small hills and not much space between trees but lots of fun. About half of it is swamp and I'm cutting a road through it this year.

[img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: NEW CAR!!

Congrats on the Jeep and welcome to the forum. A moderate lift (2-3") makes a TJ do really impressive things. Add a nice set of tires after the ones you have wear out, and build from there... Again welcome

Now for my rant,,,,,, It is a jeep not a car [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

It's ok, you are new,,, it will all be ok, Just don't let it happen again [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Can't Get Enough

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="red"> NEW CAR!! </font color>

[/ QUOTE ]

New CAR? CAR?! CAR! Did he say "CAR!"? Oh my! Be still my quaking heart - he called his Jeep a "car"! [img]images/graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] ANYTHING but a "car" (or SUV). [img]images/graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]

PUL-EEZE! It's a J-E-E-P... Jeep! Or, in a more generic term, a "utility vehicle". One might suggest "THE most worthy and capable utility vehicle" at that!

Now repeat after me... "I just bought a new JEEP." Write/type that out 500 times and we'll be good. [img]images/graemlins/deal.gif[/img]

Whoops, I'm sorry for being so harsh... I just realized you indicated it was a Wrangler Sahara - thereby making it a Chrysler product and (to us dinosaur CJ idolizers) more car-like than what some of us care to have. I guess that makes your miscue a little more understandable. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

All kidding aside - and yes, Marines do kid once in a blue moon - <font color="red"> CONGRATULATIONS! [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img] and WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF JEEPS! </font color> Your fun meter will never regret it and your bank account will never forgive you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 08:43 PM

Welcome to the board. Where in MI are you? The first couple things i'd do with your jeep are tow hooks front and rear, install a cb, and get a fire extingusher, hi-lift, tow strap without hooks, some basic tools, and a 1st aid kit and mount them so they don't roam around your jeep. The next thing i'd do after those basic mods is start taking it wheeling with people that know what they are doing. Go with people that have been wheeling for a while on trails that are kinda challenging instead of 2 tracks and puddles. Get some experiance before you start spending money on tons of mods. A winch is nice but if i bought one when i 1st started wheeling i wouldn't have learned recovery skills and you also see which winches work and which don't. A tube bumper looks cool but that's about it, they arn't really all that good at prtecting your jeep and hurt your approach and deaparture angle.

BarrelRoll
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hmmm alot of moaning about calling a TJ a car. It has A/C, coosh seats, a defroster that works, likely seals up and doesn't rain through, only makes creeeking noises when smacked with a tree branch, doesn't have the ride of a log wagon on it's rims, can be parked on a hill without chaining it to a telephone pole, has doors that lock, has a stereo that was built into it....... It is a car.... now you can make it a Jeep!

[img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode