Diagnostic Trouble Codes (I have 3 showing up) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 07:48 PM
vols

Diagnostic Trouble Codes (I have 3 showing up)

I have a (93 YJ 2.5) and I did the code test and it returned 12,17 and 33,...I looked these codes up on this site http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/dtc.html and it says this:

by the way this code list is for a 95, so if anybody has a 93 and can help me out that would be huge.

12. Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles.
{I recectly disconnected the battery if thats what this is saying}

17. Engine coolant temperature remains below normal operating temperatures during vehicle travel (thermostat).
{i've had the jeep for two years, the day I bought it the temp. gauge started acting wild and eventually died a couple months later. I have always thought that the temp. sensor was messed but it does get a reading,..its usually at the first little hash mark which is like 127 or so}

33. An open or shorted condition detected in the A/C clutch relay circuit.
{if this is talking about the air conditioner than I think these codes might be wrong because I dont have an a/c}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Diagnostic Trouble Codes (I have 3 showing up)

I have the Mopar FI and my codes are similar.

12: If someone did not steal your battery, you are ok.

17: Check your temp sometime preferably a laser temp guage, have any problems?

33: Someone stole your AC! Actually that should be fine. The harness just has a setup for the clutch. The computer probobly has something to do with disengaging your AC when it needs it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2004, 01:29 PM
vols

Re: Diagnostic Trouble Codes (I have 3 showing up)

Is there a cheap way of measuring the temp? A "laser temp. gauge" sounds expensive and i'm wondering if it would just be cheaper to get a new thermostat because i'm pretty sure that its stuck open,..but then again i'm an amateur when it comes to mechanics (and apparently spelling) [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode