wheeled big bear today, but not in the jeeps - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

wheeled big bear today, but not in the jeeps

Jeepfamily and I decide we are going to go geocaching today in the big bear area. I load up the kid, dog, wife, lunch and the GPS into my dodge and we head off. I asked the wife if we should take her jeep instead, but then we'd have to put the windows in the top etc etc....nah.. the truck will be OK.....
we find the 1st 2 caches with only a little 4wd, but the last 2 got interesting. we were so far into the mountians that it was closer to drive over one of them to get home. I was really surprised the dodge did as well sa it did.. I have 65 PSI in the street tires and the trails were covered in ice and snow. we ended up running 18 miles of trails today and never got stuck once.
On the was down there was a TJ and an XJ comming up. 2 guys were riding shotgun for 2 ladies. they were quite surprised to see a diesel dodge sliding down te trail at them. The trail was covered in ice and I could not stop the 8000 truck easily.. I actually started laughing at them.. I could see they were frozen at the wheel at the bottom of the hill with their hands open in the "stop" gesture...I ran the truck up the right bank of the trail and the truck stopped about 8 feet from them...they drove by was a pissy look... I was still laughing at their "near death" experience on the fire road.... Tracy said she'd have backed up a bit.....And next time were taking one of the ^&%%$ jeeps...
anyway, Big Bear looks like this....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1249057-P1180008.JPG (59.2 KB, 18 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:59 PM

Re: wheeled big bear today, but not in the jeeps

Sounds like fun Chris. Good thing you don't own an old 6X6. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You'd have to cut your own paths if you wheeled anything bigger than what you were driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode