O/T Stop President's Illegal Immigrant Amnesty - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Way Outta Control

O/T Stop President\'s Illegal Immigrant Amnesty

1. If you're so inclined... go Here
2. Call your Congressman and Senator...
3. Let 'em know how you feel about this project.
4. I know where I stand...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: O/T Stop President\'s Illegal Immigrant Amnesty

Let's keep this country the United States of America!

Other countries can stay themselves.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Official Curmudgeon

Nope, not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

I was convinced in that "Good Bye Saddam, Hell ain't half full" thread that I should blindly support my President and Commander in Chief, no matter what.

Cough, cough, almost choked on that one.

You are seeing the longest most expensive re-election campaign ever. It's gone on for 3 years and cost billions. George W. has take a page or two out of every popular presidents play book.

Reagan - amnesty and the tax rebates

Kennedy - space program

Daddy - Iraq war

The bad thing is there is no other choice. Paraphrasing what Harry Truman once said, if you run a Democrat (the one in the White House) against a Democrat, the Democrat's going to win every time."

Has anybody but me noticed the conspicuous absence of any comments from daddy? Guess he believes that if you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast

I agree if it were true. California tried to cancel the "Vasero" program many years ago and the food rotted in the fields. No one would come off welfare for those kinds of jobs.

On the other hand if they get a legal foothold in the US then who knows what will happen. The last amnesty program added a lot of tax payers to the rolls to pay for the welfare.

I have mixed feelings about it.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 03:08 PM
brendan

I find it hard to believe that any president could bring to fruition such a sweeping radical immigration proposal in 4 years. It's an issue that lacks impact in a tangible way to the man on the street nationwide. Is your middle class swing voter going to say "hooray for bush--he loves the working man!" because he supports amnesty for aliens? No.

The herculean effort required to bring this about in his tenure, or possible tenure, forces one to believe that it is, in fact, a shallow ploy to buy the hispanic vote with empty words.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:14 PM

I dont agree with letting people get away with not following procedure to become citizens of the USA. Yes this country was built on foriegners from all differant backgrounds, but there are rules that ANYONE who wants to live here should have to abide by.

I think i may agree with you taz, at least in part.

Phil
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Let's keep this country the United States of America!

Other countries can stay themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's a little problem that we have here, Rich. I won't dwell too long on the fact that this IS a nation of immigrants.... It's called demographics. You see, everyone except LEVE (GOD bless him) had only 2.8 children ...and not the 5-7 (whenever the wife's organs gave out). We're also getting VERY OLD as a society. Plumbers, doctors, police, ...everyone is 45 years old or older. Even African Americans have remained an almost constant 11-13% of our population.

Notice how more and more of your doctors are East Asian or Central Asian? Get used to it. Demographics dictates that there will NOT be a never ending cycle of caucasian dominated society. The fortunate thing about overseas immigration is that we have a filter. Most are college educated. Our neighbors south of the border don't get screened at all ....and not all that seek the bounty of the USA are otherwise law abiding people ...many are criminal "island hoppers" who enter via PR from the Dominican Republic ..being "legal illegals" ...they commit their crimes and, typically, eventually get arrested or killed. This is a REAL problem in Reading, PA and many other former industrial urban centers.

I would say in the next 20 or 30 years the term "American" will not necessarily mean "caucasian".

Yes, Bush is vote buying. Most of you out there weight your vote on a single dimension of either the RIGHT or the LEFT's political agenda ...be it abortion/pro-life etc.. What most of you are too naive to understand is that this just the carrot that is waved in front of you to hand the reigns over to someone who is just going to do a bunch of other things that will harm you. Most of you who hate big government and taxes ...vote Republican. Most of you aren't wise enough to figure out that although Dummiecrats tax and spend ..Rubmypalmagains BORROW and spend. So ..pay as you go ..or put the pork on a credit card (bonds, t-bills, etc.) and worry about it later on. Some profit from global stability .....some profit from global instability. I think they're all screwing us ...it's just how you prefer your "violation'.

Either way ...we pay for it all....

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Can't Get Enough

I think they're all screwing us ...it's just how you prefer your "violation'. Either way ...we pay for it all....

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO: Gary pretty well sums it up.... As much as I might not like admitting it... [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]

For me, my vote goes w/ the guys who do the least to restrict my right to [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] (Then at least I can harbor the delusion that I can 'take back' my government upon the onset of tyranny [img]images/graemlins/censor.gif[/img] - whenever that is. As my children are wont to say on the long drive to Grandma's: "Are we there yet dad?")
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 07:43 PM

I would say in the next 20 or 30 years the term "American" will not necessarily mean "caucasian".

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you,,,,,,,,,Myself, my family and ancestors are the original Americans, "Native American" ,,,,,,then the Europeans invaded American and became "The Americans",,,,,,,now another group is on it's way to become "The Americans",,,,,,,,,,It's sad but I guess it's the way things work in this world,,,,,,,

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Way Outta Control

This country already has laws on immigration - passed many years ago. They apportion the amount of immigrants to keep things equal.
But the way the politicians have been letting the borders be open to the south, and somewhat to the north, it's becoming an unequal society.
Remember, when the immigration laws were observed and it had a balance, that's what made this country great in the first place.
Now with 10,000 A DAY coming across the border from the south, it's radically becoming the united states of mexico.
Here in southern calif we have to contend with it - it's getting so the hospitals are jammed with them, schools are jammed with them, even places like home depot have their signs in spanish - some ailses not even in English anymore.

Mexico is a third world country, no matter what the whackos say. They bring their ideas of gang life, diseases, and crime - just look at any jail - just drive down the street of many cities at night - try not to get shot at.

Can you honestly say the political system - based on mordida - bribes - of mexico should be copied?
How 'bout the Napoleonic judicial system - guilty until proven innocent?

But for some reason, politicians think illegal immigrants vote!
Actually they do - it was proven in Orange County that illegals voted so much the election was swayed. Other places it happened too. Do you call that crooked - or Democratic?

The Hispanic population count in California is very close to 50% now. And many illegals hid and weren't counted in the census. I helped with the census taking in my neighborhood - many houses had at least 10 people living there - but they claimed only 2 or 3. I knew that wasn't right - as a neighbor.

Look up Maztlan and or La Raza on the web, you'll find the effort by mexico to take over the southwest. Scarey!

LEVE posted a site where you can object if you want to - it's not mandatory, just good sense.

By the way -- it was the "Bracero" program. At the time the borders were not open like they are now. We still observed immigration laws and limited legal aliens on a quota. It worked great.
The Braceros were an asset to the US, it was the unions that wanted the Bracero program stopped! They claimed unemployed legal resident americans needed the work.
It didn't work, they didn't want to work for the lower wages - but the Braceros thought the low dollars was big money for them, as their families in mexico were living in poverty. It really helped mexico, and us.
A new Bracero program would be good -- but the illegal alien traffic needs to be stopped at the same time.
10,000 a day!
Bush is trying to take a step in the right direction, but the liberals stop him from doing the second part.
You can't have both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode