Heater Fan Died, HELP! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Heater Fan Died, HELP!

Wednesday my heater fan quit working, so yesterday I had a chance to check it, and this is the result: Test light check at fuse box - good; test light check under hood at the wire that connects to the fan motor - good; test light check inside the jeep where the 3 wire connector connects to the heater box, power on each terminal with each selection of the fan switch. Did the motor finally die? The reason I ask is because last year I had to take the fan motor out because it was nearly locked up, and while I had it out I drilled a #50 hole (.070 dia.) at the end of the housing to put a little oil on the end of the shaft. I got it freed up and it worked last winter and up till Wednesday.
Also there is about a 1/4" of movement from front to rear of the shaft. If it's truly dead would somebody give me the details of the Chevy truck fan motor swap? What year and what mods. to the heater box if any. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:18 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: Heater Fan Died, HELP!

1. Apply 12 volts from the battery to the motor lead,
2. It's under the battery try,
3. If the fan comes on... the fan's good.
4. If the fan doesn't come on, it's[*]A bad motor[*]The motor's lost it's ground.
5. Do the GM Blower Motor Upgrade.
7. Part numbers:[*] ACI..................33892[*] Everco...............M892[*] Murray...............208971[*] 4 Seasons............35587[*] Siemens..............PM102E (This is the Maker of the motor)[*] NAPA.................455-1039[*] Factory Air..........35587[*]Kragen...............35587[*] YJ replacement.......PM102E
8. Fits, except for a long shaft[*] NAPA.................455-1076[*] Shucks...............33892
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much LEVE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

LEVE, again I thank you very much. I bought the motor Friday and did the swap on Saturday after work, and now I have a tornado at my feet and better defrosting than ever before. I'm fixing to print out the link you gave me and give to a friend so he can do his YJ. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode