the 360 continued... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

the 360 continued...

okie dokie, well the engine has been in for a bit and i think we're finally making good progress.

had some problems with brackets [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img] but Casey (irjpr) saved the day and found the ones i needed. Yesterday i got the alternator in (a little redneck engineering), the radiator mounted, and the electric fan and (redneck engineered) brackets in. Today was wiring day. First i ran the fan wiring...

1. relay mounted to inside of grill
2. temp switch in intake manifold
3. dual toggle switch inside cab (one for master power, and one for temp switch override)
4. grounds for everything and everything with its own ground

then i ran a ground for the alternator, then i ran a ground for the battery to the block, then a ground for the block to the frame.

hooked the battery up and nothing caught on fire [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

turned on the fans and nothing caught on fire [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

wooohoooo

now all i have left is to fab a linkage for the throttle cable and the choke (quadrajet backwards), run some vacuum lines, plug some others, put some more oil in this thing, run the rest of the fuel line and we'll be ready to hear her run [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

well i guess i need to get the exhaust run too [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anyway, things are moving along (though not very quickly - considering that i got the engine last summer). hopefully we'll hear some noise before the end of the month.

anyone have any pointers on any of the remaining tasks anything is appreciated. thanks,

-web
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Leigh_Smith

Re: the 360 continued...

You have probably already done it, but have you primed the oil system? I know what you mean about the alt brackets, i've seen several types. What is behind the motor, manual or auto? Do you need a return fuel line?
When you flash it up keep a fire extinguisher handy, but some smoke and bad smells are expected.

Good luck! [img]images/graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Way Outta Control

1. Have you tested the Temp sender to make sure,
2. It does trip and turn on the fan?
3. If not... test it now,
4. That also tells you,
5. You're wiring is good.
6. It's unpleasant to find out at 60 mph on the freeway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

t-150 behind it for now, fuel return line was already there.

as far as the fan setup... the temp sensor/switch works and if worse comes to worse i have it all wired so that i can have the option of turning it all on manually (overriding the temp switch), letting the temp switch turn it on and off, or cutting power to the whole thing (for swimming).

working on the template for the throttel cable today [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

thanks

-web
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode