SINGLE and a Jeep junk yard! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

SINGLE and a Jeep junk yard!

[img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I had to laugh when I was reading a post a few minutes ago where someone mentioned that the IDEAL situation....to paraphrase the comment.....would be SINGLE and have a Jeep-only junk yard. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] What IS it about a junk yard? [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] If I had my way our entire two acres would be a sea of junk tractors and combines. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Guys offer them to me all the time, and there are a lot of "good parts" on them. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]Jeepchick, on the other hand has a genetic.....her siblings are the same way......aversion to junk. My bone pile for the shop is actually indoors so she can't see it. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I was never so happy as when I worked in a huge wrecking yard; except when I had to jerk a Buick Dynaflo transmission of course. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 08:33 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: SINGLE and a Jeep junk yard!

Dave,
I am with you... I am hiding my stuff so the wife doesnt get upset. it is in a storage unit now... and next month we close on a house so finally i will have a garage to hold my goods... but i will have to get a bunch of cabinets to hide it all from her [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Wish I had good junk yards around here... they are known as automotive recycling centers, and you are not allowed in them, and the prices are very very high

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 08:40 AM
Can't Get Enough

I'm proud of my junk. My driveway is litered with stuff - my new wrangler frame, springs, rear axle form my CJ, steering parts from a wagoneer and a set of diamond plate running boards off a suburban. Back yard is about the same. I figure if the woman does not like it - she can leave! I figure it is payback for having to have doilies and other girlie stuff in my house!

I have been thinking about starting a Jeep junkyard on my farm. There are lots of waggies and willies p/u's and waggons around and I have been looking at the insurance auctions lately and there are lots of Grand's and cherokee's to be had. Unfortunatly my county has a ban on starting any new junk yards. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 12:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

im single.. and have started a junkyard.. be it mostly small stuff.. keep the land lord off my tail.. plus ive been getting rid of most of it.. since ill be deploying again shortly..

maybe when i buy a house.. i can start keeping the entire jeep... instead of just keeping the parts off of them..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 02:58 PM

I found a way to have my cake and eat it too.

I rented an old repair shop down the road from the house. Complete with several old vehicles already in residence. The place is grandfathered in as commercial. And the rent is pretty reasonable. So, I get to acumulate all the deralict Jeeps I can collect and it keeps the junk off my farm and the ol' lady happy all at the same time.
Not to mention, it is pretty nice to have a 3 bay shop to play in. Even if it is a little run down. Keeps the rain off the noggin anyway.
[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Oh, yeah. One more benefit. When Mamma ain't happy,
[img]images/graemlins/chair.gif[/img]
it gives me a place to go hide out for a while.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 04:10 PM
Can't Get Enough

tippy!!
Do they have a ban on starting an impound yard? If not get you an old tow truck and a fenced in lot and say they are impounds and in time it can become a junk yard before they realized what happened!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 05:04 PM

I'm single, well what kind of chick that has all her teeth would even look at me.

I've pretty much started a junk yard right now, i've got a shop and a lot next to it. Right now there's a 1/2 parted out xj in the garage, my tj in pieces in the garage, there's a cj carcis in the yard, a toyota pick up that actually is a nice truck but isn't mine, a couple piles of steel, a couple stcks of wheels and tires, i have to move some axels to the yard from in side the garage, comming soon 2 willys pick ups (not a new project, just to "save" them and sell them to a good owner). It's great having this place, especailly since it's on the edge of the gheto and none of the neighbors have complained yet either and i've been "moved in" there since the 15th of september.

BarrelRoll
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 08:23 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I'm single, well what kind of chick that has all her teeth would even look at me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahahaha That is funny as heck Andy. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
But, while working at a yard has it's perks and on one hand is kinda cool. I don't want to see a "junkyard" whan I come home. You guys have to understand how hard it is to pass by all the crap I could drag home. And I do have a little land to stash it at. But I just don't want all the clutter. I actually like my property to look halfway decent. And I have wayyyy to much landscape crap to mow around already......I don't need anything else. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree with DIRT. I work at a yard, and i dont even want to think about coming home and seeing more junk. But i at least get to keep my spare CJ's at work and even get to sell the parts there. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 12:38 AM
Official Historian

a toyota pick up that actually is a nice truck ...

[/ QUOTE ]

A nice truck?

but isn't mine

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, that sounds better. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode