Spring spacer Question - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Spring spacer Question

I recently installed swaybar disconnects on my TJ. I learned this weekend that with them disconnected, I had considerable tire rub on full stuff. I don't want to do away with and buy a new lift, and I don't want to go to smaller tires. That leaves me with the the option of going with a body lift, which I don't want to do, or going with spring spacers. Now to my question: If I go with spring spacers, will I have to get longer disconnects? I'm not sure what will be lifted by the spacers. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 11:01 AM
Official Historian

Re: Spring spacer Question

Could get a currie anti-rock bar.

Currie Anti-rock bar
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 06:26 PM
Can't Get Enough

Everything will be lifted by the spacers, just like with longer springs. I really can't help you with the disconnect length, though. I haven't reconnected mine since I put in my spacers. But, if you decide to get spacers, let me know. Jeff hooked me up on a great homemade spacer that runs about $10 for a set of four.
Great to wheel with you this weekend. Can't wait to have you show us around Redbird.
Jim

PS: Thanks for the Hi-Lift deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 06:30 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
That leaves me with the the option of going with a body lift, which I don't want to do, or going with spring spacers

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can install bump stops to limit your stuff to keep wheels out of body [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey Tom,

If you go with 2" spacers you MAY need a Slip yoke eliminator as well. Some Do Some do not. If I remember right that would put you at 4-5 in lift?

As for the sway bar disco's I think you said you got Rubicon exp disco's and if they are the 3 piece type they sell longer center sections. I guess the answer is if you do not have the 3 piece disco's IE: top connecter tube then bottom connector, and they are not adjustable then I am pretty sure you will have to replace the links.

Tater makes some sweet 2" spacers and the price is dirt cheap, maybee you can get a set from him and then use the saved dough to get you new sway bar disco's.. if the price is right I may buy your current ones off of you and make it even easier...

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Jim &amp; Jeff, we sure enjoyed wheeling with you guys this weekend. Can't wait till we can get together at Redbird. I had finally figured out that the spacers would be the same as getting a bigger lift and that my disco's wouldn't work. I do have the RE discos, so would just need the center tube. Hadn't thought about the SYE. Will give it some thought and decide later how to proceed. Good to hear from you both.......Tom
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Good luck Tom, I am in a similar spot, I want to go to 35 in tires, but have to go sye first, and not willing to spend the bucks now. I am getting a spare t-case, and will convert it as time and dough permits.. Lookin forward to redbird. [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode