Possible new rig - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Possible new rig

I went to go and look at a flatty today, suposed to be a '46 cj2a though i'm not sure what the acutal year of it is because it has no title (though one of my buddies might be able to find it for me for a couple cases of beer). It was dark but it appeared in pretty good shape over all. It's on 38" cut gumbos which don't have a ton of tread left, spring over, goofy steering that looks really un safe, gas can in the back for gas, no cage, stock motor, needs a rear drive shaft and front end (blown up), stock drive train. It also inculded 2 rolling chassis with i belive 1 good motor, 2 trans and t-cases, 2 sets of axles, and a bunch more stuff like a top with no frame, radiator, stock gas tank of un known condition.

I'd trade him my jeep minus the engine, trans, and t-case for the willys, extras chassis, and pile of parts and enough cash to pay off my parents what i owe them for my truck and trailer.

I figure the willys needs real axles and a roll cage before i really start to wheel it which would cost some money and i have a garage and all winter to get it ready, though it would be nice to have it ready for some wheeling spring brake. I'm planning on getting a welder and bender pretty soon and could probably finance them with the extra willys parts.

Give me your thoughts and ideas, this is not a done deal by any means and i can't decide what to do so i'm looking to you guys for your oppinons

Here's a bad pic of it, it was dark and that's mud not rust
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1204544-cj 001.jpg (20.8 KB, 56 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: Possible new rig

another pic

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1204550-cj 002.jpg (21.5 KB, 2 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Old Hand

you are out of your mind andy. You wont be happy wheeling something like that after being used to your TJ. Even as cobbled as yout jeep is, it is alot better place to work from than something that old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 09:16 PM

I wouldn't personally..........
But it does have an 8274. [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1204554-andy.jpg (16.8 KB, 3 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

my tj is done and i have desire or palns to put it back together (i've started to part it out), it was just way too much of a disaster and i'm ready for something new/ a fresh start. I'm going to start with something new and wouldn't mind something simple like a willys though i'm open to many options, anything for full size jeeps, to xj's to a yj. Before this deal was presented to me i was thinking about getting a cj7 or yj and putting a little bit of lift, full cage, rear locker, and 32" muds on it and wheeling it and slowly building up a yj with either a 4.0 or tbi 350, sm465 or ax15, d300, waggy d44's, soa to be a stock mod comp jeep once i become mroe experianced/ a better driver.

BarrelRoll
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

winch doesn't come with it [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

you got to be out of your mind..
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 04:51 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
it was just way too much of a disaster and i'm ready for something new/ a fresh start.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that YOU made it that way, don't you? Or am I missing something? Keep the f-ing TJ. And if you purchase something else, it'd BETTER be your damn money being spent...not mommy or daddy's!!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

I know i messed up the tj and i have definetally learned from that disaster and i want to start over and build something that isn't a rigged mess. The parents are not giving me a dime for the new rig, i'm on my own when it comes to vehicles now and have a decent income for a college student selling used parts.

BarrelRoll
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Addict

Unless that TJ feel out of an airplane and then got ran over by a tank, it has to be a better place to start than a Willy's. The Willy's is extremely short, which means you will have a pretty hard time getting a 350 in it and a 258 will be nearly impossible. I can't imagine what you have done to a TJ to make it so butchered, but whatever it is, it would still be less work to repair the TJ than build a Willy's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode