Is there a market for willys parts? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Is there a market for willys parts?

Tonight some guy is comming over to look at my tj and possibly wants to trade 3 willys flat fenders (1 on 38's that needs the axles swapped in for 1 of the other willys, a rolling chassis and another, i havn't seen them yet) for my tj. I'm not sure how much i really want to build up a willys/ wheel an already built willys on 38's but i might still trade the tj for the willys and the parts. My question is is there a market for willys parts? I check on e-bay and it seemed maybe 1 out of 7 used willys parts auctions actually had bids on it. What's the chance i can actually get rid of willys parts/ sell the willys for a decent price?

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Is there a market for willys parts?

I will be looking for a few things soon but I am not sure what.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 07:53 PM

how much is your TJ worth/? I can buy willys all day long for $500 and less. So your TJ worth maybe $1500. I think thats a foolless deal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 10:36 PM

Where you finding Willys for $500? I'd love a few! All I found in my area are either rusted out hulks that sorta run (asking price is about $2500 and up) or show rigs in the mega thousands category. Heck my CJ5 wasn't in all that great of shape, but I figure I got a steal at $1200!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 11:37 PM
jeepfiend

That's the problem with Alaska, things rust out really fast! Although, that is probably the only problem with Alaska. The last two flatties I got I paid $200 for one and $250 for the other. I know where more can be obtained for about the same money, but I am keep those under my hat (eventually my will let me have more Jeeps, four is not enough). I have to have at least two more running before I can get another. Neither ran, come to think of it they still don't run, but here in the contiguous states, there are still some pretty good deals to be had. Both of mine have come out of farmer's fields. As far as used Willys parts, unless they are in really good shape, that can be used in a restoration, there isn't much market. There are so many aftermarket parts, you can practically build a whole Jeep by mail order. I would keep the TJ. It will give you worlds more reliability, especially if you need a daily driver. I have a cherry 88 Trooper I would swap you for the TJ [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

The tj is done, it's 1/2 apart and getting parted out. I have a daily driver/ tow rig and a trailer so a daily driver is not of any importance. I posted up another post possible new rig or something like that. I'm just wondering if there's a market for willys parts or not since i think i'll have a fair amount extra if i decide to go with the willys and build it. Mainly 3 sets of axle, 1 extra trans and t-case (keep the one in the jeep and 1 extra as a spare), drive shafts, 3 sets of springs, 1 good frame, and a bunch of random stuff.

BarrelRoll
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 11:56 PM
jeepfiend

There is a market, but like anything, it takes the right buyer to get good money for your parts. Collectors and restorers typically have pretty specific needs and it is a crap shoot whether or not you will have the parts they need. I actually need some stuff, what would you be getting? I need a starter for an L-134 flathead. Would you have any original seat frames, I need a set of those too. If you don't need a daily driver a flatty is a ton of fun, it is like getting back to the roots of Jeeping. Let me know on the parts, send me a PM or an email if you get the flatties.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 08:12 AM
Official Historian

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I would keep the TJ. It will give you worlds more reliability, especially if you need a daily driver. I have a cherry 88 Trooper I would swap you for the TJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you haven't seen his TJ. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2003, 12:56 PM

The problem with willys is, the parts are really not that good. all you keep is the body and add running gear of newer vehicle. Yes they was good stock but nobody keep them stock. And the three willys I have was given to me free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode