Whole lot of parts install nearly done! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2003, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Whole lot of parts install nearly done!

I've spent the last week installing a whole bunch of parts, and I'm finally nearing the end of the project.

List of parts:

New LUK Clutch, Flywheel, Slave Cylinder, Master Cylinder,
Rebuilt AX15, Slip Yoke Eliminator, Tom Woods CV Driveshaft, Ford 8.8 with 4.10's and disc brakes, boomerang skackles front and back, MORE's sliplock track bar, MORE's quick disconnect swaybar endlinks, Dana 30 from a '95 Wrangler with 4.10's and 297 U-Joints, a dual diaphragm brake booster, master cylinder and proportioning valve from Master Power Brakes, and probably some stuff I've forgotten about. I eliminated my transfer case drop, gaining some clearance back. Also, I rebuilt my leaf spring packs. (Disassembled them, cleaned off all the rust, repainted then, new rub pads, grease, etc.)

All in all, I've been very busy. All that's really left is some fittings on the brake lines, and bolting in the D-30.

Cleaning out the spring packs was worth it in a big way! The rear suspension moves a hell of a lot smoother now, and the front will probably show the same improvement once it's on the ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 12:14 AM

Re: Whole lot of parts install nearly done!

kudos [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 02:51 AM

well done! an impressive feat for a week... my dana 44 swap & trans/t-case swap is going to take me 2-3 weeks at least!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2003, 04:44 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Good Work! Too bad your so far from me, I got lots of projects that coule use your tenacity. Good tip on the springs, I'll keep it in mind when it's time to do mine. Now get that 30 in and go get dirty!!! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2003, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

It's been a lot of work but it's nearly done and well worth it. Should be able to finish it off today.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Parts install Update - Pics!

Well, everything is 99.9% done. The suspension is smooth, the 4.10's were well worth the effort, and the brakes, although not completely broken in yet, stop far better then the stockers ever did.

There's a slight vibration under power that I'm going to assume is related to driveshaft angle. Nuts, I thought I measured everything correctly *and* I checked it six times, too. Gotta order up some shims and play with the angle, see what happens.

Anyhow, here are the pics:

This is my new brake booster, master cylinder and proportioning valve from Master Power Brakes. You can also see my new clutch master cylinder.

Here's a shot of the drivers side front. You can see my JKS quick disconnects, the end of my sliplock track bar, and my newly installed boomerang shackles.

Here's the driver's side rear. You can see the 8.8's disc brakes, the boomerang shackes in the rear, and the MORE E-brake cables.

Here's the passenger front. Again, the JKS quick disconnects, the other end of my slip-lock track bar, and the shackes. I know the track bar reloacation bracket is still there - It keeps my steering linkage parallel to the track bar.

Here's the passenger rear.

I'll try to get some more pics friday. There's the CV driveshaft/SYE, and a few other things.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 09:47 PM
Old Hand

Re: Parts install Update - Pics!

Haha.. Nice job. It took me a week to get my Damn winch wired for in-cab control. I have allot of stuff coming in the future. Im looking at the 1" body lift, SYE kit, and the Tom Woods CV drive shaft next. Shortly after that will be a Warn front hub conversion. Jeeps suck but I love it more than any other vehicle ive owned. Go figure. [img]images/graemlins/cussing.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

I have two project vehicles, and had to choose one to stick with, the other would be sold to pay for regular transportation. One is my 1989 Mustang LX 5.0, with more suspension mods than you can shake a stick at. Cuts corners like it's crazy-glued to the road and cruises at 120mph like it's no big deal.

The other is the Jeep I just spent all this time working on.

Man, I'm going to miss that Mustang. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Damn 4x4 and Jeepin' bug got me. [img]images/graemlins/RockOn.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Old Hand

I believe a cv driveshaft requires a setup.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

It does, and it's done. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode