What is a 2002 Jeep TJ worth (Brand New ) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

What is a 2002 Jeep TJ worth (Brand New )

Ok, I am all for a good deal, so here is the question. The dealer down the road from my work has a brand new never titled 2002 TJ 4.0 Auto soft top full hard doors and air. The sticker says $20,480.00 they are telling me that I could buy it for $18,000.00 but when I look at kelly blue book it gives me $18,000.00 for retail and 14,0000 for trade in. Do you think if I can purchase this for $16000.00 that this would be a good deal. I really wasn't in the market but hey who can pass up a good deal.

Thanks,

Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 10:40 PM

Re: What is a 2002 Jeep TJ worth (Brand New )

It all depends how much it is worth to you to drive a 2002 model versus a 2004. Personally, I would take the 2002 since it is brand new and save a few thousand dollars. I don't think that there were any major changes. It strikes me as odd that a dealership would keep a new car around for over 1 year though.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2003, 05:13 PM
HoJoPo

Re: What is a 2002 Jeep TJ worth (Brand New )

2002 automatic transmission is a 3 speed, 2003 and 2004 are four speed overdrive units. So, a 2002 auto should be worth considerably less, even new, if you care about the overdrive.

16k would be OK, but it really isn't too far off the original invoice price with a 20k sticker. As it's a 2002, 15k would be better. After all, it'll be worth 14k (if you're lucky) as soon as you drive it off the lot... it can be hard to find a dealer willing to pay the average trade in on a vehicle.

Don't forget that Jeep has some incentives out there, though they probably won't apply to an '02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode