First, my shot at your questions:
1. No effect on performance AFAIK
, just noisier
2. I have had a good experience with Hedman Headers
3. As stated already in frame means 'tween the rails
4. I did my own in frame to dynomax super turbo, much quieter than the fenderwells and cherry bombs I used to have.
5. I did my own over a couple of weeks part time, no welding, lotsa crawling around.
6. No help on best deal, sorry
I have a 304 with Hedman in frame headers going to dynomax super turbos. I did the work myself and probably have about $300 in it. Here is a link to my questions and some pics of the system my rube goldberg
. My goal was to do something on the cheap to get my rig road ready, and so far, so good. I have heard that the clamps etc. will loosen over time, but so far it is holding. No emissions in FL, so no Cat(s) either, but I could have added them for the cost of the Cat(s).
Sound is more than a stock setup, but is 90% quieter than the cherry bombs [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
If you would like some more specifics or Pics of other parts of the system, let me know.