Disappointed in Superlift kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 07:37 PM
jeepdad

Disappointed in Superlift kit

Hi everyone, I installed a 1 3/4 in Superlift kit on my 92 Wrangler over the weekend. I had used Superlift before on a 72 GMC.That 6in. kit went on with no problems. The kit I put on the jeep took 16 hours to put on. None of the U bolts fit without bending them in a vice.The topper was the stud for the spring pads do not line up. For the rear i had to make a spacer from 1/4 in. steel so i could offset the stud from the spring about 1/4 inch. The front I fit the right side in ok but the left side I took it out just so i could bolt the spring on so i could make it home and to work. I still have to mount it with a stud. I will figure it out but I should not have to. Well I juess I'm just venting my jeep looks better and rides ok I still have a body lift to put on, after that i will have a inch to spair getting in my garage. Mike [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Disappointed in Superlift kit

hmmm... you did get the front springs in front and rear springs in the rear...right?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2003, 11:32 PM

we put that kit on our 94 yj and it wasn't too bad, did it in probably 6 hours with 3 people working and having a torch and air tools. We also put some 1/2" lift greasable shackles which involved cutting the rear shackle bolt off right next to the gas tank and took some more time. The springs were a little hard to line up but they all fit, we used a come along on the rear springs to get them to fit right, just took a little fanagling to get them to fit, the u-bolts fit on fine, the jeep rides decent, and were happy with it. I'm thinking maybe you put the springs on backwords or something. Even with my horble luck and no air tools and just a grinder or sawzall to cut u-bolts i could have probably done the lift in 10 hours and i'm slow, dumb, and alway have weird problems.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 06:52 PM
jeepdad

Hey, Yes I checked every part,front and rear springs, everthing. I was working by myself so that would account for extra time but I have worked on Toyotas,Chevys, a Dodge and my old GMC and never had that much trouble. My brother has a 87 cj with a Tough Country lift on it I will measure his springs to see if my order was messed up.I learned my leason, when I put on the body lift I will get my bro to help. Thanks for the replies. Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode