Gotta love the wife - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Gotta love the wife

We go to the movies last night to see "Open Range"(excellent flick), while we're waiting for the movie to start, I say, "I don't know what I'm going to spend that $500 on" ( I sold a set of 35's with the rims earlier in the day), her repy, "You can get you those tube fenders that you were looking at",.......I had totally forgotten about them, but she reminded me quickly [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I just thought that I'd share it with you all. These are the ones that I'm looking at, but I'm open to other options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 09:38 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: Gotta love the wife

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Gotta love the wife

[/ QUOTE ]
1. For all you young wippersnappers out there,
2. Proverbs 31 10-31 may be about 2500 years old, but
3. It still applies:

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchantsí ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 <font color="red">She considereth a field </font color> , and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 <font color="red">She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff </font color> .
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 <font color="red"> She is not afraid of the snow for her household</font color> : for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 <font color="red"> She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness </font color> .
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

4. I found one...
5. I hope you do too!
6. Both you and your Jeep will profit from such a woman!
7. InfantryYJ, you are blessed!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Official Curmudgeon

Hey, if you forgot about them, it doesn't sound like a priority for you. Put the money away until you really want a digital camera or something. Money talks especially in a recession and you can get some real good deals if you've got it.

A couple of years ago, a guy brought a video camera to work to sell, it was a Sony 8mm and looked new, he had taken real good care of it. He wanted $120 for it. I didn't know if I'd ever use one much, but I had wanted one for a while and the price was right. There were four of us that wanted it. One guy wanted him to hold it and pay him $30 a month over the next four months. Another guy wanted him to hold it for him until payday. Still another guy wanted him to hold it for him until the next day so he could bring in the money. I had the money in my pocket. Can you guess who got the camera? That was a couple of years ago and I was about ready to sell it to somebody else since I hadn't used it. Now, I've got a little granddaughter crawling around and the camera gets a workout keeping up with her.

That's only one of many deals I picked up that way. I've still got the first television I bought when I was in the military. A guy came in with his wife and all of his belongings in the car. He'd run out of gas and food money. He pulled out a 9" Sony television and asked $20 for it, the new price was over $100. That was 35 years ago so gasoline was cheap and $20 would go a long way. Come to think of it, that's how I bought my '80 Jeep in 1986 for $2000 and I still have it too.

Contrary to what some people seem to think, money doesn't goes bad. With falling interest rates though, I expect any day to get a bill from the bank for keeping it for me though. While writing this, I realized that one of these day, I'm going to have to sell something again just to see what it feels like.

BTW-Nice fenders if you still decide to go that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks for the info Leve and Taz.

As far as not being a priority, nothing on my little Jeep is a priority, so all my "wants" for it are purely that,....."wants". We are not strapped for cash, so it is, in a sense, income that was not expected and will be spent on a "want"......Oh, I could put it toward one of my credit cards(we only have two with a total balance of less than $7000), but we pay $200 a month on each of them and they only have a minimum of $45 or so, my land and truck are on allotments, and the camper,....well let's just say that since I"m going to Okinawa in June, it'll be up for sale shortly,.....and the Jeeps paid for. So, yea,....I'm gonna blow it, whatever's left after my purchase, I'll just give to the ole' lady to do with as she pleases [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 12:56 PM
Can't Get Enough

Richard I looked at those too and ordered these PSC Tube Fenders $298 I like the way the PSC ones were welded and look smoother. I sold a set of wheels and tires too [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Steve I looked at those, they are the Poison Spyder ones,.......and since Raingler is having a deal on them, I will probably order those.

Thanks
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Can't Get Enough

Yep through the end of the month I think... I didn't really need them yet but I want to run 35's on 4 inches of lift and I would have had to cut them anyways so... I have a good dent in one of mine already and mangled the lights on the fender flares on the first ride... You can replace panels on the Fusion ones but I am not a huge fan of the guy that makes that stuff. I think him and Jeep God are buddies though [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Can't beat the introduction price. There is another company selling them for $500 ultimate fender or something.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You can replace panels on the Fusion ones but I am not a huge fan of the guy that makes that stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a groos understatement for me....
that guy makes think to myself...
"if this idiot can make $$ selling jeep stuff, ANYONE can."
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Can't Get Enough

Oh yeah forgot Chris knew him to.... After the attitude he gave Aaron at the Dixie run when he asked to borrow some air for one of his tires.... I doubt I will ever buy anything from him... What a a$$
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2003, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Steve, I went ahead and placed my order with Raingler for the Poison Spyder fenders,.......woohoo,......gotta love the wife for the reminder/suggestion.

I remember Pat and Chris telling me about David,......I think he was the trail guide for Pat when he went to Monteagle in 2001 Memorial Day weekend,......something about being a d-head,......I dunno,......I liked the PS ones better anyway,....I'm also going to get 2" LED's for the side marker and 4" LED's for the front turn signals,.........I'll make a mall crawler out of it yet [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode