OT- Way to go Jiffy-Lube Tech...... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

OT- Way to go Jiffy-Lube Tech......

Sister-in-law was telling my Wife how she took her XJ up to jiffy lube for an oil change and an Inpsection. The Lube Tech, came back and told her that he couldn't inspect the XJ because the OBD port under the dash is broke...

HUH? I told her to bring it over, i wanted to see. So just now at lunch she was over visiting, i went out took a 2 second look at the port and saw that both mounting screws were loose. Both were backed out about 1/4". that's it...How slack can you be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Addict

Re: OT- Way to go Jiffy-Lube Tech......

You have to keep in mind who you're dealing with. Some of those guys are working there because McDonald's fired them for being incompetent.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Can't Get Enough

Very well said!, barfnick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 12:37 PM
Addict

At the very least they should have allowed for a 5/16 inch looseness profile [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] These are the same people who don't replace the toilet paper when they use it up and leave 3 drops of coffee in the pot for the next guy. Slackers!

Scott
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 02:38 PM

My wife took her truck there to get the oil changed, and of course they pulled and checked the air cleaner. Luckily, she knows to always say "NO" to any of the extras they try to sell her. I had just replaced the air cleaner, but they wanted to sell her a new one. A few days later I got in the truck to go somewhere with her and it sounded strange, with a noticible loss off power. I popped the hood, and found they had forgotten to relatch the air-cleaner cover when they put it back. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Isn't that their job??
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I was in a hurry to get out of town one weekend and it was time to change the oil in my old ZJ.. so I stopped by the local quick lube place to have them do it.. I just happened to look out the window, as old DumbA pulls my K&N out and starts to smack it on the ground to knock out the dirt!!!!! I flew out the door ad gave him an EAR FULL!!! Filter box had that big ole K&N Do not throw away sticker on the box too..... [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It would be hard to beat the time the Jiffy-Lube guy put 30W oil in the MASTER CYLINDER on my buddies Caprice Station wagon. In just a few weeks it turned every piece of neoprene in the entire brake system into gelatin, and of course the brakes went away. [img]images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Wot a mess!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Veteran

if it gives you any idea...

whenever i arrest somone for drugs (especially dealing) i do a little checking into their employment history, etc and usually find that if they don't currently work for a Jiffy Lube they used to. hmmm, i just arrested you with an 8-ball of crack and now i'm going to bring one of my vehicles to you and let you touch it, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. wouldn't go to jiffy lube if they gave out free donuts [img]images/graemlins/40BEER.gif[/img]

-web
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2003, 06:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
whenever i arrest somone for drugs..... wouldn't go to jiffy lube if they gave out free donuts

[/ QUOTE ]
way to stereotypye yourself.lmao if anybody here goes to jiffy lube (or anyplace like them) makes sure you see a new filter and oil go on. A supervisor where i work took his bronco to one of these oil change places like jiffy lube not sure if it was or not. he lost oil pressure one night on his way to work. he later found out the filter had never been changed and was completley plugged with sludge.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2003, 02:24 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Now THAT, buddy, is scary. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode