Good to meet some new members on the road . . . - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Good to meet some new members on the road . . .

Greetings to all my Jarhead Brethern of the Board [img]images/graemlins/AR15firing.gif[/img] . . . and to that candy-ass sailor with the square headlights if he is still around! [img]images/graemlins/spank.gif[/img] (He-he-he.)

Well I had a good trip recently to southern Indiana to pick up some new axles for the CJ. Aside from five hours on nearly continual construction traffic, things went well.

It was good to see Aaron (TeamRush) again, and the BBQ dinner was absolutely fantastic - Thanks!!! In typical TR fashion, he postponed a 1500 departure for an OTR pickup to 0300 the next day to take me on a guided route to Tom Leehe's place to pickup the axles, and of course, to B.S. for about 5 or 6 hours. Not many people would do that on such short notice. Next time, I will stick around longer to go out to the range and the trails . . . and put that awesome equipment of yours to the test!

Tom (don't know his user ID) is an absolute top notch mechanic that has fabricated one heck of a CJ. I have stolen many ideas from his creation, and hope I have the time to implement some of them before I forget them. The axles I purchased from him were exactly as described . . . quite possibly even better, and I greatly appreciate the extra parts thrown in. After teardown and inspection, I can safely say they were well worth the money and time spent. If any of you do business with Tom, you can take his word. He is an instantly likeable guy in person too.

I also wish to thank Jim Lou for the kind reception in St. Louis, as well as the tour of the fabrication shop and the overview of the repair/fabrication process of the "Back to the Future" CJ of his. (Somebody really needs to find a good DMC hood logo in some southern California Delorean junkyard for him. . . BTW - I call shotgun for the first ride once his flux capacitor is installed.) This guy's attention to detail is second to none . . . from the fabricated stainless knobs to the most cool and useful instrument panel I have ever seen in a Jeep, Jim spares nothing for a top quality product. I hope to meet up with him again this spring at Salem.

Anyhow, it was good to meet some new faces to put behind user names . . . and even better to get some personal knowledge of the individual to help understand their posts better!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 10:56 PM

Re: Good to meet some new members on the road . . .

Glad to hear from you Jay. And yes....the members of the BBS are top notch. I can't tell you how many I've met face to face (quite a few I might add)......but I can tell you I can call them all friends. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 11:52 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Jay, I don't know if you've seen the thread or not or if you're even available that weekend but on Oct 18th a few of us are making a Badlands run. The thread is here. Jim_Lou and WILL are both talking of making it and it'd be great to meet you as well. Let us know if you can make it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Official Historian

Jay, where in the "ozarks of Missouri" are you?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 07:06 PM

Jay, thanks for the kind words, and the BBS sticker! I'm official now.

I hope the hood and grill work for you.

And you still owe me a [img]images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1188314-DSCN1240b.JPG (16.8 KB, 3 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2003, 09:44 PM

good to see you on the board again jay was wondering if the stickers were back in production or if you were thinking of a second generation stickerjust curious and i hope my jeep comes out as good as yours sounds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode